Thursday, January 29, 2009

Wednesday Jan. 28

Hello all,
Just a quick note on whats been going today. As I put the date in the box for this blog, I am reminded that it has been 26 days since the accident, and that it could be only 14 days until Jerry comes home. I don't know which is harder to comprehend. In dealing with Jerry's injury, we keep hearing, "it has not been that long, we will have to wait and see what happens." And on the other hand it's "is this in order, or what about that." It all seems so surreal, yet if we stop to think too long, we could miss the bus, so to speak. Along with the daily routine of doctors, therapy, training and so on, the decisions that we have to make about the future are right around the corner, equipment, transportation, accommodations, etc. etc. It's one day at a time, but......

So here we are in the now. Jerry's doing well in his therapy. We received the program for his computer that will let him do voice activated stuff, e-mail, face book, documents and such. That will be a good thing for him as I think he will feel a little more connected and is something he can work on while he is resting in his bed. He can only watch so much TV if you know what I mean. The pain in his neck is more frequent as he is in his chair for longer periods of time now, and he is also feeling a lot of nerve pain all over his body. Kinda like when your foot is asleep and you have that tingling, pins and needles type of feeling, well he seems to get that all over. It's been hard because the Doctors want to control it with meds, but we don't want to drown out anything that could be coming back. They assure us it will not, and that if he is in pain, it could hamper his recovery by not wanting to get in his chair to do the things he needs to do, so it's a catch 22, because he needs to be able to get up to get things working too. Anyway, it's just hard to know what is right sometimes when you have God, faith, hope,us parents, and medicine all working together at the same time. I know that we are all working towards the same goal in the end, but it still makes the little decisions tough.

Anyway, I should get some sleep now as it is getting quite late, so I will ask again for your prayers on the following situations:

Help us as parents make all the right decisions concerning our son's care.
Help the Doctors, Nurses, teams of Therapists that are working to help my son, that they will know exactly what to do for any giving situation. That they too would know how special he is.
Help us to continue to realize that God has a plan, and we are right where we are supposed to be at this very time.
And help us to sort out all the "little things" that are coming up in the future. The things that are already set in motion, and the things that are unforeseen, will be clearly laid out.

Thank you and God bless,
Dennis

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear MacCallisters,
I'm still praying! Thank you for theupdate on the specific things that need prayed for. Every time I come to this blog my eyes are drawn to the map on the side showing people all over the world that have logged on here. I can't help but think that God is doing something here that is bigger than any of us can see. Starting first in our own little community and then reaching out to the ends of the world!! Keep trusting Him and I'll keep praying you up!
Love and prayers for all of you,
Shannon Fry

Anonymous said...

Dennis,

A hard day for you for sure. You and Katy are doing an amazing job supporting Jerry. He is very lucky to have strong, wise and supportive parents.

Don't worry about all the details that lay ahead, the valley will take care of that. Try to get your rest and nurishment to keep your self strong.

Peggy, boulder creek

Anonymous said...

I have to echo the comment above. It does help to know what to pray each day.
I am sure that all the nurses and therapists know Jerry is special.
They probably knew he was special from day one.
How could they not! I saw something special in your son, that stood out in my mind or heart way back at Redwood Elementary. Hard to describe, but easy to remember that day. My subconscience saw it in him I guess, maybe that is what auroas (sp?) are about
I think all who are following this blog - even though they don't comment -think that map is a great feature. I think the dots should be bright bright white. I envision each prayer as pure light reaching up to God, even though He is everywhere, in our hearts, ...we are in the heart of God.
Dennis & Katie - One can see that your friends are abundant and soooo giving, a real blessing and inspiration! You are obviously very very special people.
Yes, the valley will take care of you.
I hope today is a good day for all of you.
Sharon Ferry

Anonymous said...

p.s. - it is so exciting to click on your map and find hits/prayers from 2 new countries!! All you need is a "hit" from Antarctica then EVERY continent will be praying for you.
Sharon F.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jer,
I'm praying for your pain to end and that you will feel complete peace throughout your body today.
I'm also praying that you will experience the miracle of God's healing powers.
I pray for strength and determination to get you and your family through this day and everyday. Amen.
I love you guys!
Gretch

Anonymous said...

to the MacCallister's
I'm Still praying for Jerry and so is my church.Everybody at Saint Michales is asking about jerry and if u guys need anything but i tell them ur family is strong and I know you guys will stick together. Let Jerry know that i will come and visit him when he is home... I love you guys and i consider you all as a second family......


LOVE MAXINE AND OLIVER

Tex said...

MacCallisters,

As someone who is walking a bit further down this path than you, please allow me to remind you that you have a God who loves you with furious intent, who makes all things work together for good. "All things". We are 229 days into our journey, and we still haven't gotten our minds around that concept. Trust that the Lord will guide you in your decision-making, and let it go to let Him work. In many ways, you feel like you have all these things to decide, and you get more and more frantic about the looming issues. He asks you to set it aside, stop worrying about tomorrow, and trust that He knows what He's doing. That is the hardest thing you'll ever do, but (on the rare occasion that I've actually managed to do it for a few minutes) it is glorious to be able to rest in the now, surrounded by His arms.

You remain in our prayers. Hopefully we can meet someday.

Until then, continue, like me,

clinging to Him,

Eric Williamson
Connor's Dad
www.connorwatch.org

Anonymous said...

Dennis, et all,

Please make sure you lean on all of us extended family members (and I think I can speak for all of us) for helping you out with the "bus schedule" logistical stuff.. these are easy things we can deal with and make happen for you.

I pray the burden be removed for the stress that comes from making all these decisions and having all this complicated by information that comes from different sources not always in agreement with each other or what you feel is right. My prayer is that you get guidance you need from God and that you have the right peace of mind you need for knowing whats important and right in timing. I am thankful for people God has put in your life that have lived this situation out with good outcome... that the healing experiences from trusted friends help guide your path..

Somehow...I sense everything is going to work out for you guys... the when part? I didn't get an answer... but the "yes" part seemed clear...

Its in Jesus Name... I pray... Amen...

Anonymous said...

just wanted to share my joy - fundraising email wildfire today - someone on your team received donation today that brought tears of joy. Jerry's team is an awesome team!!
S.Ferry

Unknown said...

The MacCallisters are never far from our hearts at the Fry household. We are praying, even when we don't blog. I just wanted to let you know that. May the Lord lift you up TODAY, and give you an added measure of strength to do the things that keep flying in your face, demanding your attention. And may He give you an added measure of peace, so that you can rest for awhile, and lay your burden at His feet. You are one SPECIAL family, and God has a plan.

Anonymous said...

Dennis,

Thanks for the update. I will continue to pray as you have asked,
Jerry, I think about you often and pray for you to keep focused on God and for Him to give you answers and direction.
Sandi's sister has a friend that went to Project Walk, she was going to try to get more info for you guys.
God has many blessings ahead for all of you.

John and Mariana said...

Dennis and Katie,

You guys are doing a great job! Remember when the Josh was little and things happened and you thought, "I have no idea what to do"? If you got it right it was great and you learned and thought, "Now I know what to do!" When you goofed, Josh survived, and you learned, and thought, "Now I know what to do next time!" Josh is a wonderful young man because of you!
The other 3 are wonderful because of you and what you learned along the way. You haven't forgotten what you learned, and you will learn more and get it right. You'll make mistakes and Jerry will still survive and thrive because of you and because of him. Won't be easy but it will be. Just like all parenting.

John Wells