Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday Night Day 21

Hey All,
Well another week has passed, and were still here. It seems so long ago that we started this, well, journey, but it has only been three weeks to the day. The days just seem to morph into one big chunk of time, kinda like our lives in general. I can remember just a few short days ago (years) coming to Boulder Creek, after living in a variety of places, and feeling like I was home. From seeing Frank sweeping in front of Johnnies market, which he still does to this day, to driving down ol' Hwy 9 into Santa Cruz, which I still do to this day, this place has all I need for me to call home. I love after being gone for a while, coming over Mt. Hermon road and looking into the town of Felton. The trek past San Lorenzo Valley High, the awesome school that 3 of my children(one still to go) have graduated from, through Ben Lomond and Brookdale, and finally to Boulder, the sleepy little town in the redwoods. Seeing the phrases that Pastor Mike puts on the sign in front of the community church always make think, and depending on what season it is, how the town is decorated, whether the giant Christmas tree is lit, or there are just signs for up coming events, it always makes me feel good. I like going into the bank, or the gas station, or Scarbourogh lumber, or any number of places in town, and seeing someone I know and catching up on things (much to my kids dismay) and all the while thinking to myself, there's no other place I'd rather be. San Lorenzo Valley, it's a great place to Live. Thanks to God for placing me here.

I don't really know where I'm going with all this, I guess I am just felling a little bit nostalgic. The way the Valley, and people across the world, have come to my aid, just makes me reflect on things, and this is what happens. Sometimes you have to be thankful for the good things in your life, to help you through times that are tough, and I have plenty of good things. As for today, things are about the same. Jerry is sleeping after another day of physical and occupational therapy, mom is at home, and I'm pulling the night shift. Just another day. Jerry's tests that he took yesterday, bone scans and stomach checks, all came back good. He's sleeping well, and we got some food and watched a movie tonight. A fairly uneventful day, so to speak.

Tomorrow after his PT at 10, we are all loading up in a van from 12:30-3:30 and going to the San Jose tech museum, so that should be fun, and I should have some more pictures and stuff to write about. Other than that, just another day of this Journey we call life. I thank you all once again for tuning into this time in our lives, and hope you will continue to think of us when you think of all the good things in your own lives.

Peace and Love to All,
Dennis

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yep, our valley, our town, the real true beauty is not the magnificent Redwoods, it's the people and the spirit of the valley.
I am glad that you (Dennis) are able to find comfort in the goodness of the small things.

The Boulder Creek Community Church "words of encouragement sign" often seems to say just what I need to hear that week! ...and Frank at Johnnie's - gotta love him he's so darn nice!

What a shining example of strength your family is.

We continue to pray for all of you, and complete healing for Jerry.

Sharon Ferry & family

Anonymous said...

Dennis,
Thank you for reminding all of us to remember to appreciate the small things.... the things we may take for granted every day...
Have a good day...

Eric said...

You make me miss home Dennis.
Thank you
I am praying for you and your family

Anonymous said...

Hello, Dennis! .."All tests came back good, .."Jerry getting some good sleep, .."Got to watch a movie with my son" ..just an "uneventful day", huh??
Well congratulations!!
You've put the important things together well!
----------------
And your writing is very nice, too!
I enjoyed the descriptions of riding down the roads, and through the towns, ..seeing the schools, and the townfolk, ..knowing how happy your family is to be there!!
Congratulations to you once again!
----------------
You know, I especially appreciated how the other night you spoke about how grateful you were, and how pleased, to be together with Jerry!
You shared with us your experience that "hanging with your boy will always feel the same", ..and that reminds us all of how much we love our children, and each other.
And how central they are to our everyday enjoyments, and our love of life itself.
Thanks, Dennis, for reminding us all, of the graces we have around us every day.
And Thanks to Jerry, too, for showing us that the most powerful medicine is the smile on our faces, and the faith in our hearts!
-------------------
Go Dennis! ..Go Jerry!
..Go Katie! ..Go Kids!
-------------------
(Now go to sleep!!!)