Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tuesday Night Feb.3

Hello all,
So for those of you who got a chance to hear me on KSCO 1080 this morning cut me some slack. It was 7:12am you know. I had barely had my coffee, and you all know that I don't like to talk. But seriously, thank you to Rosemary Chalmers, and all of the folks at KSCO for helping us in getting the word out about the spaghetti feed this Saturday at the Boulder Creek fire dept. Also a big thanks to all involved in the preparation for this event. You Rock!

Today was another day where Jerry was feeling nauseous, but he hung in there and tried to do his best. I know it's hard to do things when you're feeling bad, but he just keeps trying, and I give him a lot of credit. We tried the standing frame again today, and once again he got about 3/4 of the way up before feeling too sick to continue. We are going to try a few things to work on the nausea tomorrow and see if we can get some better results.
He got some more visitors later in the day and when I left around 9:30 he was feeling a little better. It's hard for him as his appetite is not that great, so when he takes his medication, I think it messes with his stomach. Hopefully we can work it out.

On another note, I got a call tonight from a young lady, whom I met recently at the hospital that was caring for her father. We talked briefly in passing at the rehab center about project walk, among other things, and it turns out she lives in the San Diego area and has offered any assistance the she could provide for us. Can you say God thing? Anyway if this is where we are supposed to be, let it be. The thought that she took the time to call when she obviously has her own things to deal with is truly amazing. I want to thank Jeannie and her family for that little bit of hope that gets us through another day. I pray for her and her father Ed, that they will also find the love and caring that we have felt throughout this ordeal, and that Ed has a miraculous recovery himself. Warriors, come out to pray-e-a.

So please continue to pray for Jerry's pain, his nausea, and for God's will above all else. Pray that Katie and I will continue to comfort in that he is in control, and to use us anyway he sees fit. And pray that Jeannie, Ed, and their family are lifted up also in they're time of need.

Until tomorrow,
Peace and Love to all..
Dennis

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Jerry:

We keep you in our prayers every day and are following your story will great hope. I have worked with your Grandma Jan for several years and we have become very special friends. What I most admire about her is her inner strength and faith. I feel you are alot like her in this way. No matter how touch things get sometimes, all the strength you'll ever need is right there in that courageous heart of yours. You are so important to this world, needed by your friends and absolutely essential to your family. So please hang on to that smile and keep forging ahead, trusting in tomorrow.
We will continue sending positive thoughts and prayers.

God Bless You,
Sandy and Tom

Anonymous said...

Dear Lord please let Jerry have a good day, free of pain and nausea.
God, thank you for all the people around the world that continue to pray for Jerry and the MacCallisters. Their love & goodness seem to be wrapping around the globe.
I am in awe every time I see new countries on your map. Today I see dots from China & Japan! People in every corner of the world praying for you and your family, you are a very special people indeed!
I continue to pray throughout each day, joining the thousands of prayers God is hearing, and listening, for you.
Sharon Ferry

Anonymous said...

Hi Jer,
Wow, they keep you so busy you hardly have time to call your own. But that's a good thing, keeps you out of trouble.
Speaking of trouble, Luke and Torie are heading up from Cal Poly for the weekend to visit you. There may be even more buds on the way from Fresno and Irving.
You better warn Maria (Rosie)and all those fabulous nurses to get ready for a party.
I pray today that God grants you a calm and easy stomach and that the doc's find the right meds to ease your pain.
I pray that the Lord lifts all of you today and lightens your hearts and gives you the answers you need.
Lord, please hear our prayers. Amen.
Gretchen
Oh and Lord a special prayer for the girl Dennis spoke of and her father. They are also in need of your loving kindness. Amen