Monday, February 16, 2009

45th Day

Well today is the 45th day of our "journey" and all the little things are now popping up. Jerry's doing well but is bored as ever, and I have to admit, I don't like it much either. When we got out of the hospital, we got a power wheelchair and no way to go out. We tried getting a portable today, but of coarse everything is closed, so we have kinda been stuck in the house. Can't even go for a walk, with the rain and all, so we have been scouring the Internet looking for vans. Not much luck. And whats up with craigs list? Every car (we also need to get a small car) or van that I enquired about seem to be in some other state, or they wanted to have it shipped, or they were in some kind of trouble and had to get rid of it fast. I tell you it drives me crazy. I really hate shopping. As far as vans go, not a whole lot of them out there either, not locally at least, but we will keep looking. I just don't like the feeling of not getting things done. So on Tuesday we are going to load up and go somewhere. Go find a chair, go take a look at Dominicans rehab facility, go to Jack in the box drive thru, I don't know, but were going somewhere. Everyday we sit here it seems like we are going backwards, and Katie and Jerry feel this too. The quicker we can get some of these smaller details hammered out, the quicker we can get to some real rehab, and that will keep us busy.
Any way thanks for letting me vent. Tomorrow will be a better day, I just hope we don't get too wet.
Good night and God Bless,
Dennis

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are also getting "Cabin Fever" with all the rain.

How about a movie if it's raining? Scotts Valley Cinema has a nice spot to park a wheel chair in each of the theaters, and it's a nice way to forget about life for a couple of hours.

Anonymous said...

OK Den,
Today will be wet and wild according to "The Weather Channel."
Who also predict "Global Warming."
These people obviously don't live in the Santa Cruz Mountains!
(When Luke and Gabe read this they are going to kill me!)
Anyway, I could hear the frustration in your email and I want you to know we will be praying that the heavens open up with sunshine (or a little less rain)and relieve your anxiety. That you are able to travel safely with Jerry to find the van of your dreams. That Pedro comes home too!
God Bless the MacCallisters one and all. Drive careful today.
Love,
Gretchen

Anonymous said...

We're still praying for Jerry's complete recovery, perfect rehab situation and van.
Dennis, I am a git-er done type person too, but now is the hard time to continue to trust God's perfect plan. Praying for your peace.
Candace

Tara Brown said...

As I type this the heavens just opened up and the rain's coming down in bucket-fulls.

I read on CraigsList that any car purchase that says they have to ship it is a scam, so beware of that.

My dad used to say, "This too shall pass" and in my experience he's always been right on that one.

The movies might be a great idea to get out of the house, and the rain's supposed to go away tomorrow, according to weather.com.

Hugs,
Tara

Anonymous said...

Denny,

That's why I love you Man !! Your a "Get R Done" guy. Well, not much rain here..just sunshine and blue skies ( 25 deg ) . If you find anything in Colorado Springs that might work, let me know. I can look at it and who knows, maybe drive it out. Love to see you all. I will continue to pray for "miracle" progress with Jerry. Hang in there...B

Anonymous said...

Hey Dennis if you would like I can help you try and find a Van up here....Just give me a run down of exactly what you want and I would be more them happy to look for you..You can call me on my cell 541-914-4733 or email me at.. herOR@upsfreight.com....

Brother in law,

Mark

Anonymous said...

MMMMM! Jack in the Box - woo-hoo!
Good thing Mary's not helping deliver the food, you may have ended up with it down your front instead of on your pillow!

Cabin fever abounds. I just hope the weather clears before Friday or inside recess is gonna be a chore. Hey, wanna come visit my class? It can be an in-house field trip for the kids. Not sure how you're feeling, but they'd love to meet you in person, ask questions, see you etc. Depending how you feel, I'd love to have you. If you come for lunch, we can arrange a good one for ya.

The weather is crazy, Buel said there was hail 3/4 of an inch in diameter up at his job a little higher than us - and it's still happening. I told Mary it must be diving season as the the weather is butt cold - reminds me of her freshman year when it hailed every friday for 4 weeks and snowed every weekend. BBRRRRR!

Love to you all. Details, details - they will get hammered out! Prayers of patience going up for you.

Love ya,

Trish

Anonymous said...

MMMMM! Jack in the Box - woo-hoo!
Good thing Mary's not helping deliver the food, you may have ended up with it down your front instead of on your pillow!

Cabin fever abounds. I just hope the weather clears before Friday or inside recess is gonna be a chore. Hey, wanna come visit my class? It can be an in-house field trip for the kids. Not sure how you're feeling, but they'd love to meet you in person, ask questions, see you etc. Depending how you feel, I'd love to have you. If you come for lunch, we can arrange a good one for ya.

The weather is crazy, Buel said there was hail 3/4 of an inch in diameter up at his job a little higher than us - and it's still happening. I told Mary it must be diving season as the the weather is butt cold - reminds me of her freshman year when it hailed every friday for 4 weeks and snowed every weekend. BBRRRRR!

Love to you all. Details, details - they will get hammered out! Prayers of patience going up for you.

Love ya,

Trish

Anonymous said...

A calm before your storm
A rest before your fight
Bring peace and strength
Through one more rainy
Night

Anonymous said...

Found this web page about handicap vans. Check it out, hope if it helps. They deliver nationwide.
http://www.rollxvans.com/