Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday - Feb 23

I know we need the rain but it feels like it's been raining for a month. I'm fighting the blues today and the weather doesn't help. I feel like I'm losing sense of time, I need some sunshine. Dennis has been gone all day and Jerry's care has been all me today, I'm a little on the tired side. We had a power out and I couldn't get the generator running, thank goodness it was only out about an hour.

Dennis took Jessica to Pleasenton to look at a car, Jessica started working when she was about 12 and has saved about $4,000 to buy a car. Jessica should be getting her driver license by the end of February, she's been buggin to car shop since November. Jessica really wants a Jetta or similar car, if anyone has one for sale let us know.

Jerry has felt pretty good today, no nausea and his pain has been minimal. Jerry spent some time using his Dragon voice activated software today. It's very frustrating for him it just is not sensitive enough, it misunderstands what he is saying more then it understands. It's supposed to get better at understanding him with time however I'm not sure he has the patience to stick it out that long. He was able to do some of his facebook and do a little instant messaging with a couple of friends it just takes him so long to respond because he has to make so many corrections because it misunderstands him.

Jerry would love to have some visitors from friends if anyone has time to stop by please do. I'm gonna call it a night. Thanks for keeping up on the blog, thanks for the thoughtful comments and thank you for all the prayers.

Good night,
Katie

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We sure love you! We're praying for rain by night and sunshine by day.

See ya later - literally.

Trish and Mary

Anonymous said...

We are still praying everyday. I hope today is a better day for you all! Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Hang in there the weather will get better . Still praying everyday for you all .

Anonymous said...

Hey Jer,
Well it's sunny in Santa Cruz, so come on down off the hill if you can. Or perhaps you're going to cruise around the park with your sip and puff. But get out and get some fresh air.
We lvoe you all,
Gretch
Katie, I'll call you later.

Anonymous said...

You don't know me, but I'm one of many international followers who is praying for your family and staying connected. Thanks, Marci Beth! I am a teacher, and would like to encourage you by sharing that Dragon gets waaaay better and easier the more you use it. If you need help with the assistive technology, I can try to provide it from good ol' Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Marci Beth will know how to reach me :)

M-B M. said...

hey anonymous calgarian teacher....who are you? it's marci-beth!

Anonymous said...

'Tis your fellow matron-of-honour... aka Jill :O)

Jh- said...

I don't know how often, if ever you sit down and read your comments but I thought I'd take a chance. My name is Jason Hall and I'm a C5-6 quadriplegic. I broke my neck in a diving accident over 20 years ago. I've seen some amazing changes in my life and have been able to do and experience things I never would have dreamed possible.

I have a few blogs you might want to check out. The first at www.jasonhall.com talks about some of the experiences I've had through my life and some of the things those experiences have taught me.

The second at www.manontheinside.com talks about the newest addition of my life (my four-week-old son Coleman.) For reasons that you'll understand if you if you look at my blog it took us a while to get him here, but we feel very blessed now that he is here. There are many who said I would never be able to have children (frankly there were many who said I would never get married) but what you find out is that people who try to tell you what you can't do usually end up wrong.

I'd love to talk with Jerry or his parents if you ever felt that it would be helpful. You can reach me through my blog or on facebook.

All the best,
Jason

PS I typed this whole thing with only three errors using Dragon NaturallySpeaking. Keep it up eventually it will work.