Friday, February 27, 2009

Quick Update

We just have to say thank you to our prayer warriors. We just received some wonderful news and a huge weight has been lifted from our shoulders. I received a phone call from Mary a representative from our insurance group Physicians Medical Group (PMG) this morning. Mary is going to help us with things sort of a liason between insurance, us and doctors. Mary will be trying to get a different bed for Jerry that is more comfortable for him particularly one he fits in. I talked with Mary about the insurance covering only being $2,000 for equipment. Mary did some digging around and with the help of other wonderful women in the PMG group they got the medical equipment covered. Mary will communicate with the doctors to help the process go as quickly and smoothly as possible. When the insurance declines the equipment requests, the requests will be forwarded to Medical, what ever Medical won't cover will be forwarded to Children Services. Mary got confirmation that Children services will cover anything not covered by Blue Cross and Medical. I just want to say THANK YOU Mary, THANK YOU ladies at PMG, THANK YOU Children's Services THANK YOU prayer warriors and THANK YOU Lord!!!!!!!

Katie

7 comments:

Jenene said...

God is SO good!!! I'm overjoyed by this news!

Anonymous said...

WoooHoooo! Check with Children's Services, too, about a van. They have great leads as a family in BD found their van through them.

Right On! Breathe - intake relief let out gratitude, intake gratitude let out a shout, "yeah, God! Yeah advocates! Yeah, Katie! Yeah Dennis! Yeah Jerry! Yeah Jess! Yeah Janea! Yeah Josh! Yeah, Yeah Yeah!"

Anonymous said...

Oh what wonderful news to hear this and what a relief I know. Things are definitely happening. I'm sure that it must seem like forever but be patient and be good to yourselves and know that You are always in our thoughts and in our prayers. We love you all and if We can help in any way just call.

Laurie Lester said...

What an answer to prayer! God, You are so awesome! We know that and continue to be in awe of Your movements on our behalf! We are grateful beyond words!

I'm so grateful this weight has been lifted from your shoulders Katie... I can only imagine what a weight this has been. One more issue down... I know the van is coming!

I love you all!!!
L

Unknown said...

I just keep thinking of that little children's song, "The blessings come down as the prayers go up!" GOD IS GOOD, KATIE AND DENNIS... and His handprints are all over this! Praising Him for this WONDERFUL NEWS!

Anonymous said...

I am so grateful after reading this news. I am always amazed by these blessings. When I pray for your family I always ask for an angel by your side. It sounds like Mary is that earthly angel. I have a note on my fridge. It says...........

Good Morning This Is God.....I will be in charge of your problems today. I will not need your help. So have a wonderful day...........

Please know that we continue to pray and send good thoughts your way...EVERY DAY.

Any future fundraiser in the works?!
There was a small problem with Jeff's surgery so it has made his recovery a bit longer. We were disappointed to miss both events.

with love, the Smiths

Anonymous said...

The plan, the plan, the plan! Thank you Lord for answering our prayers for the MacCallisters. Amen!!!!!!!
Thank you Jer for having us over last night and sharing some of your thoughts. It was so sweet to just sit and eat pizza, watch a movie with you and relax.
D & K,
My lips are sealed...heeheehee!
I'm not saying a word about the other possible news the MacCallisters might share today other than God is Good and God is Great!
Gretch
xoxoxo