Friday, February 13, 2009

Benefit Concert Update

A big thanks to Sara O'Neill for putting together this night of music with all proceeds going to support Jerry and The MacCallister Fund. With five great bands coming in from the Bay Area, it's going to be rather hopping there at the Brookdale Lodge!



Other then attending, some have asked if there is any way to help out, and of course, there is! Sara needs to feed the band members and crew (50+ people), and if you happen to have any of these things on hand for the Taco/Burrito Bar and would like to donate them, it would be great. Needed items include 20lbs of ground beef, 12 boxes or Rice A Roni Spanish Rice, 8lbs Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese blocks, guacamole, tomatoes, iceburg lettuce, white onions, cilantro, green onions, zucchinis, green/red/yellow bell peppers.

We are also in need of baked goods and other such "snack" foods as 100% of these concessions will also benefit Jerry.

If you'd like to get in on these plans, contact Sara at number304@gmail.com

6 comments:

Unknown said...

The help is already starting to come in! Thank you so much Gretchen and Sharron! We still need more of you angels to help out! What a great team we have here! You ALL rock!

~ Sara

Anonymous said...

Sara, thank you soooo much for all your hard work. You really are talented, I love the poster. I didn't see the x-ray image at first, way cool. I also love the t-shirts you made, I particularly loved the one Jessica was wearing. Thanks for being wonderful.

Katie

Unknown said...

Katie!
Man it was good to see your face on Sat! I am glad that you approve the flyers! I was a little hesitant in the beginning! I too think Jess' shirt was my fav! : )
Lots and lots of love coming from this way to that!
Do let us know if you need a thing!
XOXOXO
~ Sara

Anonymous said...

Poster is spectacular. Took me a minute to see the xray, nice touch!

Hoping & praying Jerry & family had a smooth day. We ask God for continued healing for Jerry, for routines and all details to fall into place perfectly and at the exact right time. Dear Lord let love, smiles, laughter, good sleep & eats, be ever present in the MacCallister home. Lord, continue to let them feel the love of their family, friends, & community and
let them never hestitate to call upon them for small & big needs.

Jerry - you'll always find a way to shine I'm sure!
Also, I am busy plugging your website on my favorite site - one Laura & Jessie got me hooked on, Icanhascheezburger.com Seriously funny nitwitty great sight, nice people. You don't mind being on a lolcat site I hope! Hey, more people praying for you!
off topic, but to be equal here:
Doggie lovers I think they have a site for you too!

Praying for another good day for you all.
Sharon Ferry & family

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Katie!
You don't look a day over 39, Again!
Please Lord, let Katie rest and let her have time to herself. Let her have the awareness to trust and share with others to take care of some of Jerry's needs. AMEN!
Dennis the Menace,
(For some reason I have a strong feeling that during your childhood, you were called this.)
You are one wonderful Husband, Father and Friend! Thank you for sharing with us tonight.
Jerry,
You are a little devil!
Making Mom and me run up, not quite "Cardiac Hill," just to catch up with you when you took over control of your chair, was scary at best.
I loved your wicked sense of humor and total nija skills with you "puff straw."
Jessica, you are my HERO! You emulate everything a loving sister should be. I love you! (former FDIL from former want-to-be FMIL)
Love you guys,
Luboff, one and all!

Anonymous said...

Hey Maccalister 6, Im glad jerry is getting the hang of his chair controller. the story about the test run with dennis made me laugh. I'm so proud of Jerry, and Katie your messages are inspirational. God bless your family. We are excited to hear all Jerry's progress and we continue to pray for more [in gods time] we love you guys

Mike Clinite