Saturday, February 7, 2009

Friday Jan 26

Life is full of changes, you can never in your lifetime anticipate what to expect. We have a tendency to anticipate how we think life should be, or even feel like maybe life is not fair, maybe life should have dealt us a different hand. I can't indulge in that, for me it's so important to stay in the moment at this point. I can't think about woulda, shoulda, coulda, I can't think about what will happen next week, next month, next year. I have to stay in the moment for sanity sake, I have to think about what can I do to make Jerry's life easier this minute. What can I do to make Jerry's life better today. Sometimes I feel so powerless, I want to have all the answers to solve this crises for Jerry, as a parent I would do anything to take this burden form him, but I can't. There are so many things we take for granted, I included. In my wildest dreams I would have never thought about the ability to move a toe half an inch or take a breath unassisted as being such a tremendous accomplishment. In Jerry's world today it's a miracle and I praise God. Thank you God for my sparing my son's life, thank you for his presence of mind. Let me not take for granted the simplest of tasks as taking a breath.

K.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie, I continue to pray for all of you. We all see how faithful God has been in your lives. It sounds like God has kept you in the moment. He will continue to be faithful in you and all your family.
Tonight is the time for Him to be faithful in the financial part of all this. I pray that he opens your eyes even more to how much he loves Jerry and his family. You have been a rock in all this, and He would not have asked you to go through this if He didn't know you could handle it. I believe it is also for His ultimate GLORY as Jerry walks again ! I wish I could be there in person for the dinner, I love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Dear Lord we ask that you continue to give strength to Katie, Dennis, Jerry, keep them wrapped in your love, continue to comfort them, continue to heal Jerry.
Dear Lord, bless the many many friends, family, strangers, that will be coming together today, and please let each & every person feel Your love, and presence.
Dear God, I know I keep asking, but could you please paint a rainbow over Boulder Creek today, and thank you for the respite in the rain for today's Spaghetti Feed Fundraiser.
For all those that follow this blog but can not be at today's event - all the 'dots' - you will be there in spirit. Love for God, prayers for Jerry & family can be heard around the world.
Sharon Ferry

Anonymous said...

i can't wait to see you tonight katie..... thanks for this beautiful post.
m-b.

Anonymous said...

Dennis and Katie,

Regretfully, we are not going to be able to attend the spaghetti dinner tonight, as we had planned. We will, however, be making a donation through this wonderful website, to help, albeit in a small way. I remember you both as helpful, positive, contributing members of the outstanding group of parents we had at Redwood School. You, Jerry, and your family are in my thoughts daily. Jerry will recover, the road may be long, but he will learn so much and teach us so much along the way. I wish the very best for you and Jerry, and I'm very thankful for all of the support you are receiveing.

Bryan Loehr