Wednesday, April 15, 2009

YIKES TAXES

Tax time came and I wasn't paying attention, arrgg....
After getting home this evening I realized I better get the taxes done as I won't have much time tomorrow. I got Dennis and I's taxes done as well as Jerry's taxes, tomorrow at some point I have to do Janea and Jessica's taxes, eeek.

Today was the big day that turned out to be bigger then we anticipated, Jerry had a CT scan this morning at 9:00 however our paper work said 9:45 so there was a mix up and to top it off we went to the wrong radiology department, luckily we were still able to get in. After the CT scan it was over to see Dr. Howes to have an exam to get the yeah or nay on the neck brace coming off. Dr Howes decided he wanted a couple more x-rays before determining so back to radiology for x-rays then back down to see the doc. Dr. Howes decided the neck brace could probably come off however he wants to consult with the radiologist prior to giving the official OK. So a couple more days and the brace will probably come off although doc wants us to take precaution while driving and said Jerry should wear the brace during car rides. Speaking of car rides this morning did not go well at all, getting out of the house by 8:45 was a tremendous challenge and did not go well for Jer. Nausea is worse in the morning and and today was a doozie, we had to stop several times on the drive there and Jerry threw up. Dr. Howes prescribed a different medication to try and combat the nausea, say a prayer it's the cure, we'll give it a go in the morning.

We finally were done with the appointments by 2:30 and went to visit the nurses and therapists that treated Jerry while at VMC. It was nice to see all the crew that cared for Jerry. We also talked with Allie's mom and dad. Please keep their family and Allie in your prayers, pray for healing, pray she will get off the ventilator, pray for peace and strength. If you are a part of a prayer chain or church please add Allie and her family to your prayer chain.

Tomorrow is a SCI-FIT day, hopefully a gait training day, I got my camera battery charged, I'm ready to push the right button. I can't possibly mess it up again, I hope. :-)

I'm off to bed....
Good night,
Katie

10 comments:

Eric said...

Thank you for continuing to post even if the fallowing or comments dwindle. I appreciate all that you do for your family and those around you.

I think about Jerry and Allie often.

Tomorrow's another day

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's been a few days since I've been able to post anything, what with work, driving down to Cal Poly for the weekend to visit Luke or more work. But it doesn't mean I don't read this everyday.
Miss you all!
Praying for Jerry and Allie and her family as well.
Jer, hope the new nausea meds kick in and you have smooth sailing to SCI-FIT today.
Almost forgot, on my way in to work yesterday I listened to KSCO sports and heard "Jessica MacCallister" had a great game. Go Jes! Go SLV Cougars!
Katie and Den, let me know when the painting starts and I'll get my brushes and rollers ready.
Lord happy, peaceful hearts today for all the MacCallisters.
God Bless Allie!
Lot's of love coming your way,
Luboff's one and all!

Trish said...

Here, here! I second Eric's comments.

I sure hope the new Rx for the nausea is the final one! You're a trooper Jer! And Katie, you obviously found a parking spot at VMC - what did it take you, an hour??!!!

The wind is picking up again and the sun is shining. It's pretty chilly still, so bundle up on your way to SCI fit. As you go about your routine today, please know that there are many people who keep up with the progress you are all making. Sometimes people just aren't sure what to say, are afraid of saying the wrong things, don't want to intrude with tidbits or are most comfortable with silent intentions. Anyway you look at it, there are gobs and gobs of people checking up on you and holding you near and dear to their hearts through prayer. And now, because of you, the Pominowski's are connected to that love and support. Directly or indirectly, Macs, you're leading the way.

Lots of luck to day with the training at PSI fit. Nau-se-a go-a-way, nau-se-a go-a-way!!!! That'll be my mantra for you, Jer.
Lots of love!

Trish

Tara said...

Praying you have a smooth trip to SCI-Fit today, for progress and for Allie and her family. God Bless all of you.

- Tara

Anonymous said...

Jerry's map has had over 700 hits in last two days:) People continue to pray, and like me - don't know what else to say except for that we are following, listening, and praying. I am wondering if Allie will have a blog, and pray that they too have many friends and family supporting & praying for them.
Katie - please tell Allie's family that people in the valley are praying for her.
S.Ferry

Aunt Teresa said...

Katie I'm so glad you keep us up to date, I don't want to call you and mess up the routine so this is helpful for me. Jerry I hope the meds. work for the nausea, I know that's an awful feeling, I feel for you. The pics of the kitties are so cute and fun to watch at this age.

Anonymous said...

Katie, you are SuperWoman! Taxes, appointments and keeping up with the blog. Good for you!
We will continue to pray for Jerry and Allie.
Take care... and God willing, that new med will work on the nausea.
Angela

Anonymous said...

Just because the comments have dwindled a bit, doesn't mean people aren't reading/praying for you.

I read the blog every day...and keep you all in my thoughts.

Thank you for posting...even if it seems to be the most mundane stuff, there ARE people that read it. We actually get concerned if there ISN'T a post some days. ;)

A Scotts Valley Resident

Unknown said...

On July 28th, 2008 my brother was in a motorcycle accident on Ocean, in Santa Cruz. He spent 3 months in Dominican and is now in a physical rehab center near his other sister's home in NY. She is a registered nurse. Although he broke his neck and spine, he is walking with help at this time. He can breathe on his own. This was a horrible time period and he is in recovery, despite numerous wrong diagnosis of quadraplegia and never being off the vent. He is off the vent and while still disabled, in time, your Jerry, will get better. My love and prayers for Jerry. Jeni H.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for continuing to let us know how Jerry is doing.
We also have been grateful for any news you've given on Allie. My daughter and Allie have know each other a long time.

So tonight I pray that both Jerry and Allie will feel the love and prayers that we are holding for them in our hearts. Please keep us posted each of their developments. God Bless your family and Allie's family. May God keep you strong, and let you know that you are loved and cared for.