Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thursday - April 2

Jerry had rehab at Dominican today, he did some weight bearing leg exercises. The physical therapist Mary Ann had straps hooked to Jerry's feet and ankles witch was connected to a weight machine. Mary Ann had Jerry focus on the movement as she moved his leg in different exercises. They also worked on some exercises that engaged the trunk muscles. Mary Ann seemed excited in the amount of movement he seemed to get from his trunk. Jerry's PT appointments are only one hour, it seems like the are ending shortly after getting started. Mary Ann talked about getting the ball rolling to get a standing frame in our home, I was glad to hear we have one more person on our side for getting this piece of equipment for Jerry to use at home. It's such an important part of therapy, there are so many benefits of standing and being upright. I've spoken with so many people who say that they spend 2 to 3 hours a night in their standing frame, they use it like we would use the recliner. Dominican rehab has an FES hand bike, we are trying to work it out so Jerry can spend some time on that. SCI-FIT in pleasanton has the FES leg bike but not the hand portion. It would be great to incorporate the hand bike into Jerry's routine.

For the most part Jerry felt pretty good today, he had his friends Kayla and Colleen come for a visit after we got home from rehab. The visit was perfect timing as it allowed Dennis and I to be able to go to Jessica's Softball Game. For all you locals it was Soquel vs. SLV at SLV. SLV won 5 to 1, go Cougars! Jerry had a nice visit with his friends and it was equally as nice for us to get out.

The kittens are the most adorable things ever, however Dennis was not a happy camper to be tortured by them at 3 o'clock in the morning. They can be relentless and not so adorable when chewing on your face in the middle of the night. Sometime after 3 Dennis had enough and brought the little darlings to my bed, to share the love. If they were chewing on me in my sleep I was too tiered to notice. I woke up with all my fingers so it's all good.

I'll leave you with the images of the little darlings which still have not yet been named, feel free to throw some names out there, some of you have already had some very cute suggestions.






4 comments:

Pacific School 3-4 class said...

Hey Jerry,

You have really cute kitties! I think a good name for one of them would be Noodle. from, Jack

I like the kitty on the lap top and I think you should call them "Lap and Top" I like all the kitty pictures especially the one on Dennis' face. from, Quinn

I think you should name your kittens "Salt and Pepper" because it sounds like names that would suit them. From Ruby

I think you should name one of the kitties "Pickles" because it's cute. It would match one of them because they are cute. From Mason

You should name one of the kittens "Rascal" because it looks like they might get into a lot of trouble. From, Briana

I really like your cats. Cats are my favorite animals and I think you could name one of them "Skisp" From, Cosmo

Well Jer, you can see the class LOVES the idea of contributing suggestions for names for you kitties. The pictures were a hit! Sorry, but the kittens kind of overshadowed the fact that your therapy is going well and you are getting stronger. Keep up the good work!

From the Pacific School 3/4 class

M-B M. said...

ryder has been watching old-skool "thundercats", so i'm thinking lion-o for one of the kitties.

Linda said...

Just don't ask Matt! You will get something like Sarsipious or Allowishes! Are the kitties boys or girls or one of each? I like names that go together. Like you did with Sonny and Cher. Hey, how about Donny and Marie? Just kidding. Ruby and Pearl, Pansy and Daisy. Gem and Josie. Well, maybe I'm not any better than Matt at the cat naming game! How about from He-Man, Battle Cat and Grayskull. OK, I'm done. Good luck with the naming, I am sure you will pick awesome names for those 2 cuties.
Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

katie and dennis this is Terry Vitale McBeth.....I just wanted 2 touch base and say Im a follower and am with you heart and soal. Christopher and Bryan are connected with you for life like it or not and Christopher had a special relationship with Allie....... dont know what else to say except my tears and hope are with you.......daily x0