Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wednesday - April 8

Today didn't start out so well, nausea, need I say more? ...I wish I had a dime for every time I said the word nausea in the last 3 months. Jerry started the day feeling sick and grouchy, I can't blame him on the grouchy part I believe I would be a little more than grouchy having gone through the ordeal he's endured these last 3 months. Jerry qualifies for a hands free phone, which a technician came today to install. The phone is controlled by a switch, witch at this point may be a challenge for Jerry to use. There are several switches he can use depending on the situation, a pillow switch if he is in bed, a sip & puff switch or a blow switch which can be used on the wheelchair. This phone may come in handy in the future but I'm not so sure how it will work out at this point.

We headed out to SCI-FIT a few minutes late due to the phone technician being here longer then anticipated. Upon our arrival to SCI-FIT Jerry was not feeling well and was a bit snippy during the unloading, this in turn made me feel a bit snippy. I think the mood was evident upon our face when we walked in the door. It only took about 10 minutes of being at SCI-FIT before Jerry seemed to feel better. Maybe it's the work out, maybe it's being around great people that know how to make him smile and bring him out of his shell or maybe it's just getting away from me for awhile. At any rate he definitely felt better shortly after arriving. Jerry got to do gait training today and it was incredible. I pushed back tears as I watched him being assisted to walk the treadmill. I filmed the exercise or so I thought, I was so excited I wasn't filming when I thought I was, I pushed the wrong button. I was a little disappointed when I got home and found the video I thought I took did not exist. :-( Next time I will be sure I'm pushing the right button.




We heard about one of our Valley kids named Alley, my understanding is that she was in an accident yesterday. I've been told that she had bleeding of the brain and required surgery to repair the damage as well as a broken neck and paralyzed from the neck down. I pray for her full recovery, I pray God will give her strength. Please pray for her and her family, spread the prayer chain as some of you did for Jerry. This young woman is 19 and is fighting for her life, please pray for her and her family in your daily prayers.

Katie

8 comments:

Eric said...

I'll be praying for Allie too

Laurie Lester said...

Continuing prayers everyday... will add Allie to my list!

Much love,
L

Grandma said...

I will be praying for Allie and her parents.

I loved the pictures of Jerry, I just wish he didn't have to suffer with nausea.

see you soon.
Love Grandma

Aunt Stephanie said...

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about Allie and will pray for her. Thank God that Jerry has no brain injury.
It just shows that things could be worse. Love You.

Trish said...

Hey Jer, love that last picture of you. Your smile is contagious. This is my directive to the nausea - GO AWAY, NOW!!! Sure hope it listens to me.

Consider the prayer chain shared and in motion for Allie Pominowski and her family.

Love ya all!

Trish

Anonymous said...

OK,
So I logged on at work Wednesday to the "Sentinel," to see what the local news was at noon and they had a flash message that an accident occurred at Graham Hill and Mt Hermon Rd.
Knowing that my son Gabe, was on his way to Cabrillo at that time, I had an uneasy feeling and called his cell phone. "He answered."
I just now found out about Alli, who also graduated with Gabe.
Alli,
We pray for God to come to you and give you the strength he gave Jerry to survive.
Lord, we pray that you will provide Alli's parents the strength, peace and guidence needed to get through this crisis. Let them know that through Jerry's Follower's, we will support them and keep them in our prayers. We will create Alli's Followers!
Life is so precious. (All of our kids are so precious.)
Please Lord protect our families from harm.
Lord, help us see what we need to do to assist Jerry in getting past the nausea, the down times and get him to "name those kitties".
Alli's Parents,
You are not alone!!!!!
We will support you! The selfless MacCallister's, Dennis, Katie, Josh, Jerry, Jenae and Jessica said to pray for all of you, and we will.
God Bless Jerry and Alli.
The Luboffs

Unknown said...

Been away from the computer for almost a week, so it was good to "catch up" with how Jerry's doing. Great to see his physical therapy coming along so well! LOVE THE KITTIES... Angie and I will have to come by and see them soon. Continued prayers for Jerry... Lord, please take away the nausea that continues to nag at him so much. And give the MacCallisters the patience to continue on this difficult journey. AND DEAR LORD, BE WITH ALLIE and her family-- meet her in this dire need, and help her in this fight for her very life. In Jesus name, AMEN.

Aunt Teresa said...

Jerry, I loved seeing you standing up with that smile on your face it just warms my hart,I just wish the nausea would go away, I wish I new how to fix it.I'm so sorry to hear about Allie, I will be praying God is with her and her family.

Love Aunt Teresa