Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wednesday - April 22

There is not much change today to talk about, the day started out much as it does every day, Jerry nauseous. By the time we got to Dominican rehab Jerry felt a little better. Jerry's therapist Mary Ann has been very busy working to get Jerry a standing frame, I'm very impressed with the swift action in regards to obtaining the standing frame fore Jerry at home. Mary Ann was also working to help get some of the other equipment requests moving along faster. I've got to also give a big thanks to Dave and Heather at CCS who took it upon them selves to get the process moving along quicker. Ohh, and the best news of all Mary Ann set up an appointment for us on Thursday to get the chin drive set up on the wheel chair. Jerry will now start to learn how to control his wheelchair with a chin joy stick, it will be nice for him to have control of his chair.

Jerry enjoyed a visit with his friend Mary this evening, Jerry said thanks for the Cherry Garcia, nice call.

Good night
Katie

7 comments:

Aunt Teresa said...

That's great news about the chair!! I'm sure the next time Jerry does the standing frame it will be better, I guess this is an up and down kind of thing, I wish and pray that it is always good days.

Love Aunt
Teresa

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your daily updates on Jerry and the rest of the family. I notice that most post aren't posted until after midnight. Thank you for taking the extra time to include us in Jerry's journey. We are so touched by the love and warmth that your family has shared with us.
Peace be with you.

Anonymous said...

Katie and Dennis,
It always amazes me how you guys can stay up so late and actually make sense when you type up your nightly updates. I wouldn't even be able to see the keyboard let alone inspire anyone like you do everyday.
Thanks MaryAnn, Dave and Heather for all your help along with the rest of Jerry's angels.
Jerry,
Thank goodness for the fog. I came down into Santa Cruz today to our usual spring/summer fog on the coast. I knew we would all be able to sleep better tonight with the heatwave subsiding today.
Give Tina and Rico a little nudge for me.
Lot's of love,
Gretchen
P.S. There is someone at my work named Tina Rico. I can't wait to tell her about the Kitties.

Anonymous said...

Praying hard for allie too!!!!!

The Proffitts said...

I just love all the people pulling together to make things happen for you guys!

Mary, too, enjoyed the visit. She's only too happy to help you branch out into new ice cream flavors. Just be sure you get as much as she eats, Jer. Better watch out though, she may sick the kittens on you.

Hope you enjoyed the cooler beauty of the day.

The Proffitts

Anonymous said...

I have to agree...you guys taking the time to post so late at night is just unbelievable. I literally check the blog daily....when there isn't an update, I think "I hope everything is okay".

I don't want you to feel obligated ("it's a chore!") to keep the blog followers in the loop. But I think there are SOOO many people keeping up with Jerry that you don't even know.

So many people are thinking/praying for your family. Keep your spirits up....your prayers high....and your thoughts positive.

A Scotts Valley Parent

Anonymous said...

I love you guys, I love your blog......You're an inspiration to thousands. I can't even put it into words how amazing your family is. (I think I need your writing skills!)
And Jerry, what courage and strength you have. You put us all to shame with your awesome tenacity. Keep it up! I can only imagine how difficult some of your days are, but you always amaze me.

Kelley Todd