Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Wednesday - April 15

I did Jerry and Jessica's taxes today, we made it, got em all done, whooohooo!

Please pray tonight for Allie she was transferred to ICU to be prepped for a tracheotomy and feeding tube. This surgery was scheduled previously but was put on hold to stabilize the damaged vertebrae in the neck. I'm told that she is aware of what's going on and can communicate with her eyes. We are all too familiar with that frustration. Pray that the surgery will go well with no complications, pray that the communication between Allie and her parents and nurses will be frustration free, that they will understand Allie easily. Please continue to pray for healing, courage and strength.

Today was a good day, Jerry has a new nausea medication and took it first thing this morning. Jerry said his nausea level was at a 2, which those of you following Jerry will know 2 is good. Let's hope that the medication is working and it wasn't just coincidence. I managed to get footage of Jerry's gait training exercise today at SCI-FIT.

Off the topic we have a pancake breakfast fundraiser coming up next Saturday on the 25th at Felton Bible Church. We'll get more info posted tomorrow, if your around the Valley next Saturday come by for some breakfast.

It's been a long day, I'm going to hit the hay, I'll leave you with the video's of Jerry gait training you can push play on the last three images....





Yup, I'm a lamo, I did it again, I tuned the camera to get the whole image and could not figure out how to rotate it to post it. So bummer, if you wanna watch it you gotta watch it sideways, arrrrgggg.... ok Rob, Jack, Mark, Michael anybody know some source code that will rotate the video?


6 comments:

Trish said...

So what? Sideways - I'd watch that video upside down!!! Jer, your smile has me smiling through my tears, bud! You're amazing!!!! So are your folks and sibs. Wow!

Praise God for PSI Fit! What a place! Thank God for the man who founded it and his perseverance and determination! Wow, what a great way to start my day! Thanks God for Jerry!

I loved the music, too!! Was that playing at PSI Fit or did you dub it? Whichever, it's great! You're great! This day is great because of you! Thanks!

Much love,
Trish

Anonymous said...

My prayers will be focused on Allie and her family today. That God will help heal her while He continues to heal Jerry.
Jer,
The video is awesome. Seeing your legs move while standing up is too cool. I can't wait until you are running on that treadmill.
Saturday's pancake feed is going to be a success. Can't wait to see everyone at Felton Bible Church. Come hungry!
Lot's of love,
Gretchen

Anonymous said...

AWESOME job on the treadmill, Jerry!!

Anonymous said...

Dumb question... what time is the pancake breakfast?

Aunt Teresa said...

All I can say is wow!! Good Job Jerry!! I can see you bending your knees and lifting your foot before your trainer takes your leg. Thank you for sharing the video is amazing!

Anonymous said...

Jerry walking and smiling - a beautiful thing.
You are in our prayers.
Praying for Allie and her family.