Friday, March 6, 2009

Thursday, Thursday

Well once again, you're stuck with me. Katie says it's my night to write, and if there is one thing I've learned over the past 25 years that we have been married, that no just doesn't work for her. So here I am, taking the safest way out, and doing what is asked of me. Katie and Jerry had a late night last night, so I'm glad to do it. Seems while I was fast asleep last night, Jerry had a case of the itches. He kept wanting his nose, face and head scratched, and it got to the point where Katie ended up washing his hair at 2 in the morning to get it to stop. Thankfully that got him to relax enough to get to sleep around 3am. I think he just slept to much yesterday and was feeling restless but I can't know for sure because I was sleeping.
Today was a much better day though, as we got up and going in the usual manner. Katie got to get out and get some shopping done and I got to get my boy ready for the day. Jessica had her first softball game at the school today and there was no way I was going to miss opening day. So after doing all the normal stuff we do in the morning, we set out for the game. It was a nice day outside, compared to the last week, so we were all gung ho. Jerry felt fine today so we went and watched his lil' sis play ball. Cougars win 9-4. Oh yeah. Came home, made food, watched American Idol, then watched the office, and got ready for bed. A pretty uneventful day really, which is nice. Maybe tomorrow will be the same, who knows, but I'm glad the rain is sapposed to be done for a while. It will be nice to get outside and work on Jerry's room. It will be nice to get outside and do anything. Well I guess thats all for now, but we appriecate all of you that are keeping us in your thoughts and prayers, it really means a lot to us and we just hope that tomorrow will be another one of the good day's. Peace and love to all.
Dennis

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great catch in center field, Jes! And nice RBI, too. I totally enjoyed the game. I took off at the 4th inning, 'cause it was cold! And the big black cloud looked as if was going to dump any minute.

It was good to see you all: All for one and one for all.

It's into the classroom for me. Hoping your day is eventfully uneventful.

Trish

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a wonderful day!! To get out of the house and spend it watching sis and daughter! I can just picture a very proud father and big brother cheering Jessica on!
Blessings to all of you.
Lori

Anonymous said...

TGIF MacCallisters!
Friday, Friday, I'm so glad it's Friday!
A big shout out to our fighting Monacks. Frank we missed you at your other home, BCFD. Tommy, we are so proud of you and your brother for defending our country. We will continue to pray for your safe return.
Jerry,
This is, after all, your blog so I want to tell you how happy I am that you got out of the house and down to the school to see my former FDIL slug it out in her softball game. Wish I could have been there. (good job Jess)
I hope you got a little more sleep last night and are able to get up earlier and on with the events of the day.
Gabe and Matt went down to Cal Poly for the weekend to visit Luke and their only regret was not being able to take you along with them. But they also know that after SCI-fit and all the rehab etc. you'll all be going on a road trip, in your Mystery Machine. Ok, they will chip in for gas.
Anyway, you might not get a Spring Break in Mexico this year, but next year will be a differnt story.
We pray Lord that you will give Jerry strength and a peaceful stomach today.
Lord bless Dennis and Katie for their strong determination to love and guide and keep Jerry safe through out these short days and long nights.
Love,
Gretchen

Jh- said...

(I left this comment accidentally on a post from like the 23rd. if you saw it Great. Just wanted to leave it on a current post. Someone contacted me through my blog and told me about Jerry. If you already read this sorry and no pressure)

I don't know how often, if ever you sit down and read your comments but I thought I'd take a chance. My name is Jason Hall and I'm a C5-6 quadriplegic. I broke my neck in a diving accident over 20 years ago. I've seen some amazing changes in my life and have been able to do and experience things I never would have dreamed possible.

I have a few blogs you might want to check out. The first at www.jasonhall.com talks about some of the experiences I've had through my life and some of the things those experiences have taught me.

The second at www.manontheinside.com talks about the newest addition of my life (my four-week-old son Coleman.) For reasons that you'll understand if you if you look at my blog it took us a while to get him here, but we feel very blessed now that he is here. There are many who said I would never be able to have children (frankly there were many who said I would never get married) but what you find out is that people who try to tell you what you can't do usually end up wrong.

I'd love to talk with Jerry or his parents if you ever felt that it would be helpful. You can reach me through my blog or on facebook.

All the best,
Jason

PS I typed this whole thing with only three errors using Dragon NaturallySpeaking. Keep it up eventually it will work.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jerry,

We're here at Pacific School and want to say a few things to you:

It's really cool that you've found that place, SCI Fit. I hope you get better really soon! From, Nick

I hope your nausea gets better really soon.
From, Cypress

Gabe here, sorry about the nausea - I sure hope that goes away. And I really hope your dream comes true about being an astronaut and you can run again!! Yeah, that's it.

Hi Jerry,
I really hope that you get better really soon. And that you can do the things you want to, once you are better - like becoming an astronaut and running and riding motorcycles.
From, Cosmo

I hope you get better soon and can control your body. And I'm sorry you got sick the other day.
That's all, from Edwin.

Anonymous said...

You have so much love around you and support . We are all pulling for ya Jerry :)