Friday, March 6, 2009

TGIF - March 6

I'm so happy to see the sun today and even happier to hear we should have sun for at least the next 7 days. Last night Jerry had trouble sleeping and didn't doze off until after 2:00 am so I let him sleep late this morning. If this becomes a pattern we may need to wake him up early morning even if he's tired to try and break the pattern. We'll have to see what sleeping pattern he has over the weekend.

Today was a good day for Jerry, maybe it was sleeping late, maybe it was changing his afternoon supplement of Neurozyme and Mental Clarity to morning, I don't know. I'm just happy he made it through the day with almost no pain or nausea. Jerry also managed to get through the day without pain or nausea medication, let's pray this pattern persists.

Jerry has an appointment at SCI-FIT on Monday, we can't wait. We are so excited about this place, I wish we could be there every day. Jerry spent some time using his Dragon voice activated software today, he did a little facebooking, read some of his blog and got to talk with a couple friends on chat. Dragon is getting better, a little less frustrating. Jerry also did his workout with the arm skateboard and he spent about 4 1/2 hours in his wheelchair. Jerry finally got in his recliner chair about 8:30, his favorite place to be. Dennis and Jerry watched a movie the original Terminator.

Tomorrow is a big day, Jessica has a softball tournament at SLV all day. Dennis is leaving early in the morning to go help with the fields. I will probably take care of Jerry's needs in the morning and have Janea sit with him so I can go watch Jess's game at 10:00. I'll probably come home after Jess's first game and get Jerry ready and bring him back for the third game. He probably won't be to thrilled he's not a big softball fan, even if it is his sister playing. The fresh air and sunshine will be good for him though.

Good night.....God Bless You All!!!

Katie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jerry, Katie, Dennis and the rest of y'all. Glad to hear your making it over to SCI-FIT. This is good for everyone. Change in routine, new exercises, and the support of people that have been there and done that. With a little luck uncle Frank could schedule a quick visit while your in Pleasanton.

Anonymous said...

MacCallister Family,

I came across your blog a few days ago and wanted to let you know I am praying for you. I am a C6/7 SCI and I understand the frustration. My injury was 5 years ago and God has definately had His hands on me.

I was wondering if I could get the SCI-FIT info. so I could check it out. Any added exercises would be grand to continue to strengthen muscles. You can email me at jessrun@sbcglobal.net

Anonymous said...

good luck with monday !!!