Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thursday - Mar 19

The drive to SCI-FIT was quite, Jerry was nauseous and not feeling well, Janea went along to help out. Jerry was riding shot gun so Janea was stuck in the back, I've ridden back there it's a rough ride but she fared well. Jerry started to feel better by the time we arrived, amazingly we were on time. Our appointment was an hour early and I ain't gonna lie, it was a bit of a challenge to make it on time.

Jerry worked is butt off today, below is a video of one of his work out routines. There was wonderful progress during this exercise. One of the trainers Leigh filmed it and Jerry the trainer was kind enough to put it on disk for me, thanks Jerry! During this exercise Jerry the trainer would bend the knees, then stimulate the leg muscles to trigger a spasm. He would have Jerry make a connection with the spasm and use it to push with his legs to lock the knees. This was so encouraging for me to see, when Jerry was done with this exercise he said his hip flexers burned. A good burn like you get with a good workout. This also was encouraging to me, that he had feeling well below his level of injury.





Next Jerry was on the standing frame and then spent time on the table being ranged by John. Lastly Jerry spent about 45 minutes on the FES bike. Jerry's workout was about 2 hours 45 minutes and he was pooped out at the end. He feels good tonight lets pray that holds through tomorrow.

Off to bed, good night...
Katie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG this is such a wonderful video ever Katie, i love it, it showed his amazing progress and im very glad to see that, wow!!

And for Jerry "Great JOB!!!" I know that you can do it!! by the way, have fun on this weekend, i've heard that your friends are coming to visit you, woo!! Keep up mann!

love you, Jerry
S.

Anonymous said...

Holy smokes, the video is so awesome. Jerry moving his legs on his own is just an incredible sight to behold. No wonder you guys always come back from SCI-FIT so energized.
We ended up picking Luke up last night as he had his last final at 7pm and was sick, running a 102 temp. So Jer, he won't be celebrating his Birthday tonight but I have the chicken soup all ready and he should be on the mend by Sunday.
Hope you get to rest today and just take it easy. No nausea and no pain, just loving prayers coming your way.
Gretchen

Anonymous said...

Hi Jerry, 3/4 grade from Pacific School here.

I hope you get stronger soon and I think it's great that you can move your legs a bit more. From, Gabe

I hope you keep getting better. I'm really glad you can stretch your legs yourself. From cypress

I think you are doing a very good job moving your legs and getting better. Also, I hope that you start getting a lot more feeling back soon. from Cosmo

I hope you get better and you can keep moving something new all the time. From, Quinn

Anonymous said...

More 3/4 graders from Pacific School

It must be really exciting that you can move your legs!! It was cool seeing you in your video. From Amelia

I hope you get well soon and be able to run and kick butt in races! From Carlos

Hey Jer,
The pictures and videos make it so real for these kids. They always ask me for an update and I love being able to show them this blog. Keep up the good work and I hope you're having a good day.

Love ya,

Trish

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see jerry is doing better! Your familiy is an inspiration to me and you are all in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

YOU GO JERRY!!!!!! You CAN do this!!!!!!! I'm looking forward to the time that we can say that this was just one of life's experiences for you and when you can be one of those guys that came in to talk to you about their experience and who are now walking. Love you and see you soon.