Sunday, March 8, 2009

Busy Weekend

This weekend has been busy but very nice all the same. Saturday went well, Jessica's softball team won the tournament. Jerry didn't want to go to the field so I got up early and got all of Jerry's business attended to. Josh stayed home with Jerry and kept him company so Dennis and I could watch Jessica's games. It was wonderful to spend the day at the field watching softball, the sun was shinning and it was warm for the most part. Jerry and Josh had a chill day relaxing at home.

We were up late last night and slept in until 10:00, after being up for a few minutes we realized it was actually 11:00, oops forgot about the time change, that sort of threw the day off a bit. It was about 2:45 before we got Jer in his chair when Josh called and wanted to take Jerry to the movies to see Watch Men. We loaded Jerry in the van and I drove the van down to Felton to meet up with Josh and his friends. We exchanged cars and off they went to the movies. I have to admit I was nervous letting Jerry go without Dennis or I but I knew Josh could handle it. I spent the rest of the day cleaning house and finished up about 8:30.

Dennis started work on Jerry's room, finally enough sun to start the building project. I'm so glad that the rain is on break, several days of sun will be awesome, not to mention Dennis can actually start to get something done on Jerry's room.

Tomorrow we are off to SCI-FIT, we are excited to go. Jerry has had a few days of minimal nausea and pain. Please pray that Jerry will continue to be nausea and pain free. Pray we are able to get to SCI-FIT with no delays, and as always please continue to pray that Jerry will be healed, the damage to his spinal cord will be mended and pray he will walk again.

Thank you all for the love, support and prayers,

Katie

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I don't really know jerry but I was in his high school class. I have a ton of HD movies on my computer- about 100-200 and I could copy them for him if he wants. My mom went through a similar thing so I know how important good entertainment can be.

Contact me at: gshumaker@ucla.edu if interested.

Anonymous said...

Have a GREAT day at SCI-FIT. Praying often for Jerry and all of you. Wish I was close enough to help with Jerry's room, but I kno Den can handle it.

Anonymous said...

Morning! Hope your day is as successful as last Monday. Glad to hear you were able to get Jess' games and enjoy yourself with Josh hanging with Jer. I'm sure the fields looked terrific with Dennis' special touch. Saw the team from Sobrato in Safeway - they won 1 and lost their others. Their comment of SLV was what a beautiful place to play! They hadn't figured on getting as much sun as they did. It is indeed good to travel with sunscreen.

Here's a prayer to take you through your day.

Father, the sun felt so good this weekend: penetrating through the layers of weary minds and bodies allowing all of us to stretch our muscles and minds in a much needed break from rain. It's pruning season, and being able to get out and trim and snip, shaping the trees and bushes for the splendor of new growth and life that awaits was glorious. Guide us as we bare the snips and cuts of your pruning for our lives as we go through this lenten season, for we trust where we are being lead is your plan for us. Bless the Macs as they travel to SCI Fit, today. With gratitude and open hearts we praise you. Amen

Much love to you!

The Proffitts

Anonymous said...

Jerry and family,

I just heard about your accident on the blog of a friend of mine, Connor Williamson who lives here in Morgan Hill. Though your accidents are not similar in nature, your injuries and your faith are. I hold you and your family up in prayer also.

Michawn
MH, CA

Anonymous said...

Good Morning MacCallisters,
Wow an almost normal weekend for you all.
Softball with a victory! Awesome!
Josh chillin with his little bro. Thank you Lord for Josh. Jerry couldn't have a better big brother.
Thank you Lord for giving Katie and Dennis the power to let go.
To let Jerry and Josh take off to the movies.
Thank you Lord for sunshine.
Hope today is a great day with no nausea and no pain.
Jerry, be strong. Work those muscles and have fun with your new trainers.
Gretch

Anonymous said...

Almost forgot, Lord thank you for clean houses and new rooms. Amen!

Anonymous said...

Jer, Check this out!
http://pressbanner.com/content/view/2624/42/

Anonymous said...

The weather is beautiful so the ride today should be very nice! Thank you jesus for all your many blessing today .

Anonymous said...

I was reading Jason Hall's blog today and just thought you might like this. I don't know maybe you've already seen it, I just thought it would be good if everybody did this every day. List of chores:
1.) Read a list of my talents three times a day.
2.) Read a list of my blessings and things I had to be grateful for three times a day.
3.) Read a list of my dreams and spend time envisioning them coming real.
4.) Read a list of my goals.
5.) Have someone read something positive or uplifting to me once a day.
6.) Have someone read to me from the Scriptures three times a day.
7.) Watch or listen to something funny once a day.