Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Toxic Green Machine

Jerry got another piece of equipment today, his manual chair, Toxic Green, yeah baby!
Here's a little taste of Toxic Green, by the way his permanent power chair will be Toxic Green as well.



We thought we would try the new chair for the ride to SCI-FIT today, turns out that was not such a good idea. It's not really made for comfort and travel. When the chair is tied down it still has a lot of movement around turns so windy Bear Creek was a little rough. Jerry did seem to be comfortable on the freeway however.

Jerry is still waking up with nausea in the morning, it's the never ending story. Jerry went to the Urologist on Monday the doctor was very nice. The doc took Jerry off of one of the medications he was taking which in my book is great, one less med is good. The doc is going to possibly order a new ultrasound if he's not satisfied with the results of the last test. Jerry also has an endoscopy test mid July, we're still plugging away trying to find the root cause of the nausea. The good thing is the nausea seems to be at level 1 to 2 earlier in the day, by 2:00 he feels pretty good. We have been charting everything, I'm like chart queen right now.

We are in the middle of June Family camp here at Redwood Christian Park where we live. The guest speaker tomorrow night has an incredible testimony to share and we are so excited to go listen tomorrow night. Joy was a softball player in college and suffered an injury during a game which left her paralyzed, I think she spent over a year in a wheelchair and then was miraculously healed. I'll have to give you all the details after I here her full testimony.

God bring healing, to Tim, Allie and Jerry.....
Amen
Katie


OK, Tina is just too cute, I still can't capture the magnitude of her cuteness on film but this pic is still pretty cute.

4 comments:

Trish said...

Can you say "Princess Tina"? That kitty is too, incredibly cute!!

Toxic Green is something else, Jer! I love it! You crack me up, too. I especially love your smile. BTW, Mary wants to go see Transformers with you. She's gotta wait a few days though as she's gotta have her leg elevated because of her surgery-she'll be in her surgery dressing for two weeks then they're probably going to cast her for a few weeks - she'll tell you about it.

Charting Queens ROCK, Katie. Listing ones, too. The charting is not only a process of elimination of things that work or don't, it's a chronicle of love and devotion. Everything you and Dennis and Jess, Josh and Jenea do is living testimony to the trials and tribulations we live through. I smile and shake my head when I think of you guys-I think of that saying, "God doesn't give us more than we can handle, I just wish he didn't trust us so much." Day in and day out, you make it happen. I'm so very proud of you and humbled by your example.

Father, bless the Macs, today and everyday. Your presence is sure and steady. Be with the Smiths and Pomanowskis as they travel a similar road. Lord, touch their hearts in a new way, today, through the touch of someone's hand to the warm greeting of a visitor. Embrace these precious people, that their words my instill and empower the healing within to blossom each and every day. Thank you, Lord for the young people who stand by Jerry. Bless them all. Amen

Love to you!
Trish

Anonymous said...

Jer,
The green is...toxically intoxicating. (is that a word?)
You have great taste Jerry. You definately can't be missed strolling around in the green machine. It sort of reminds me of the neighbors we had on Glen Arbor directly accross the street from us and their "split pea green colored house." Everyone would stop and ask us how we managed to get up every morning and look out our windows at that house? Yes, you and your chair will be quite the object of discussion wherever you go.
Anyway, I'm hoping to hear the testimony given tonight at the camp. I pray that there is phenomenal healing going on at RCP.
God Bless Jerry, Allie and Tim.
Love,
Gretchen

jessrun said...

Love the color of the chair! I am sensing a possible theme withh you, could this crazy green color be a favorite? I remember picking out mine, it is a green that looks black or blue depending on the light. I am glad that you are feeling better!! If I can be of any support give me a hollar!

Your Tina and Rico are amazing!!

Anonymous said...

May god continue to bless you all and Jerry the chair is pretty rad!