Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday - June 7

Dennis is painting Jerry's room today, Jerry wanted to incorporate colors from the Monster energy drink so we went with black, gray and white. The ceiling is white, one wall is black (I know....brave....daring...we live life on the edge), the rest of the room is gray and we will add some neon green somewhere. OK it was supposed to be light gray and it sure looks darker on the wall than it did on the card.


We went to Allie's fund raiser last night, what a wonderful show of support for Allie and her family. The fund raising crew did a great job and the event was extremely successful, way to go!!! Jerry was able to attend as well, it's a whole new world trying to maneuver a wheelchair in a crowd. Jerry enjoyed himself as did the rest of us, I forgot the camera so unfortunately you won't get to see Dennis rollerblading.

Jerry has been feeling much the same however he did have a new feeling, while doing gait training at SCI-FIT Jerry said he felt his feet burning. Not burning as in nerve pain but burning as feeling from walking. Below is a video if you listen closely you can hear him say he feels his feet burning. It's hard to hear over the music, I love that they blast music in the gym, there's something about music that makes you feel good.



I've been trying to get a video of Jerry moving his arm however he teases me and will not move the arm when the camera goes on. He'll move his arm and say hey mom check it out, I get the camera to get a shot and he says "What arm movement?" ".....I don't know what your talking about". I may have to resort to blackmail to get the shot. The bottom line is his arms are getting much stronger, I believe it is the FES arm bike that has made his arms stronger.

We are going to pleasanton on Wednesday and Friday so Mondays are now our doctor appointment day. Tomorrow Jerry and I have an appointment with the ear nose throat doc. I've had my left ear plugged for over 2 months now. I took a decongestant for 3 weeks and have been on a nasal spray for a week still no change with the ear. I can't hear out of the left ear hardly at all. Jerry is also going to be seen to see if he may have some inner ear issue that can be related to the nausea.

We had some friends over for a hands on prayer session with Jerry on Saturday. Jerry said his whole body felt tingly during and after. We continue to pray for complete healing and are confident this is not Jerry's destiny. God has a bigger plan for Jerry and I don't belive it involves a wheelchair. It's our job to keep Jerry strong until God decides it's time for Jerry to walk again.

Good night,

Katie

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to say you're all still in my prayers! Reading this last entry, I got chills - I will continue to pray for Jerry & for God to work His amazing healing ways on him!

Anonymous said...

What a blessing... I also got chills.
Jerry, Never Give Up!

Anonymous said...

Katie,
I think the room colors are awesome. I'll bet in the sunlight the colors are alot more muted. Can't wait to see the monster green when it hits the walls or the curtains.

Jerry,
You are a rascal. Teasing poor old Mom and not letting her video your success. We are going to have Rob install a hidden camera and play it on Candid Camera.

The burning sensation is awesome too. I'm so happy your body is "waking up." That's what I like to think is happening to you. I will continue to pray that you will be running on that treadmill soon.

Dennis,
You are the hardest and fastest worker I know and one of the best Dad's too. Thank goodness you are so talented. When Jerry's room is finished, no ones going to want to stay upstairs.

Lots of Love and prayer coming your way,
Gretchen

Anonymous said...

Go Jerry Go! Great hearing that your arms are getting stronger & now some feeling in your foot. Keep working hard, we will all keep praying hard that you will walk again.
Jerry - going to have pics on your walls, posters? anything u want & don't have that your friends can give you as a room warming gift??
You should have everything in there that you want! Gotta speak up though! :)
SFerry

Trish said...

Hey, hey, hey! The way your room looks, you'll be in it before long. I've been painting Chris' room - though I didn't let him choose the colors - I'm sure he'll share his reactions out of my ear shot. He's flying home for Mary's graduation, so I'm sure you'll see him.

You know, Jer, words escape me. I read what you said in the paper at Allie's fundraiser, I see and read what your parents are continually doing for and with you. I see all the people who have bumper stickers for you on their cars. I have people ask about your progress from Alabama to Ohio, from New York to Southern California. Thank you, Jerry for letting us all carry on with you.

Mary popped by today, only to find you were out gallivanting - She thought Monday's were your days off. Oh well, she'll try again, I'm sure.

Love to you all,
Trish

Anonymous said...

Nice job Dennis !!

Anonymous said...

Katie, Dennis & Jerry,
Thank you for your support of Allie's fundraiser. Jerry's message to Allie was passed on and very much appreciated. He wanted her to know that whatever pain, discomfort, etc. she is feeling now will improve once she gets home. New room sounds awesome. New feelings in Jerry's body for sure mean good things are happening.
We are so blessed to live in a loving supportive community such as ours. No doubt our kids will recover. Love and prayers to you.
Love,
Deborah