Friday, June 19, 2009

Thursday - June 18

I just wanted to check in quickly for an update, not much to report. There is one positive thing to talk about, up to know Jerry has been stronger on his left side, but he is beginning to gain strength on the right side. Jerry rode the FES hand bike at Dominican Rehab today and I gotta say every time he rides it he begins to feel a little stronger with a little more movement. He actually was able to initiate slight movement with his right arm. Pray that his arms a waking up and his hands are next. How glorious it would be for him to control his wheelchair with his joy stick as opposed to chin drive. I'm so proud of Jerry for working so hard, complaining very little, trying his best to keep a positive attitude. He has moments of despair but they seem to be short lived and always go hand in hand with the nausea. He is so brave, patient, strong and determined, I couldn't be prouder.

Thanks for continued prayers, it's through prayer, hard work and determination consistently that Jerry will walk again. We will not stop until he is out of that wheel chair.

God bless all of you for caring and praying....

Good night,
Katie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pray for Jerry's healing. What an inspiration he is. We should all take a lesson from his strength of character. I also pray for continued strength for Jerry and the family. Katie and Dennis- you epitomize the loving parent. You are an inspiration to us all!

Anonymous said...

Ditto!

Anonymous said...

BC plastered with flyers, moving on to rest of valley....
Good work Jerry !!! a joystick can't be far off!
....Jerry, did you order an airshow lol
Yesterday 4 fighter jets flew in a v right over your house Jerry! Unfortunately I didn't have my glasses on so I am unable to say if they were F18's or 16's. Fast, low, loud, and impressive!! Happens every so often, if you didn't see it, hope you see the next time!
Praying for your continued strength and no nausea.

grandma said...

I couldn't be more proud of my family then I feel right now after reading this blog.

I love you all

Grandma