Monday, July 22, 2013

Overjoyed

Jerry had his 5th stem cell injection around 6 pm last night, thank you God the elevator was fixed. The procedures are done on the 4th floor, it would have been a bummer to delay the injection because of a broken elevator. Jerry had numbing cream with the first 2 lumbar punctures, I'm not sure why they insisted on applying it, he has no feeling in that area, for last nights lumbar puncture they did not apply the numbing cream. Jerry said he felt different with this lumbar puncture, he had a difficult time coming up with verbiage to describe what he felt, he said he thought he could feel the needle going in and he thought he could feel the liquid being injected. He tried to minimize it by saying it's probably because they didn't use the numbing cream or because he saw the picture of himself with the needle in his back from the 1st injection. I just encouraged him to think positive, he felt something different don't minimize your what you feel. Jerry didn't get the warm feeling this time, and the tingles were very minimal but he got something significantly better. I asked him to move his toe and he did, I couldn't believe what I just saw, I thought maybe it was involuntary so I said do it again he did. After about the third time I realized he was actually moving his toe voluntarily it was not involuntary movement he was doing it upon request. I ran to get my phone to take a video, it's short but here is your moment of zen.....


3 comments:

Luke Luboff said...

This is awesome! I'm so glad to see that all the treatments are working wonders! May big leaps in your recovery continue Jerry!

Deborah said...

Wow. Such incredibly good news!

Santa Cruz DB said...

When Tony first had his injury he could only move his big toe on one foot and now he is walking with canes. Long road with much therapy but this news is so great. The tingling, warmth is all very positive.