Saturday, July 6, 2013

Day of Rest

Today is our first day off with nothing to do, for Jerry it will be a day of rest, for me I will be doing laundry by hand in the sink, that ought to be fun, and going to market. I'm a little sad that we were unable to go out to see some sites today, the hospital won't be available to transport us, they only have 1 van and need it to be kept at the facility in case of emergency. I have 1 other option which is a handicap taxi, Thailand only has one company that I can find, and they had no Taxi available for today. It's odd, they don't have a phone number to call, correspondence is via email, I've requested to reserve the taxi for the next 3 Sundays, I'm waiting to hear back, I hope it works out as it's the last resort. What a shame it would be to visit Thailand and the only thing we see is the hospital.

There's a building right next to the hospital that's being torn down, it's so noisy and the hours they work are insane. They begin work at 8am and work until 11pm, I thought they would at least have Sunday off, but I was mistaken, 7 days a week.....wow. All day it feels like an earthquake, this building shakes from 8am to 11pm, it's crazy. The view from the window right outside our room....


The view from our room out toward the street is much better, here are some pics at dusk...








3 comments:

Grandma said...

Hopefully they will be through tearing down the building soon so you can get some rest. Love u Mom

Anonymous said...

Crossing fingers & saying prayer that you get that handicapped taxi. Laundry in the sink stinks:( Hope you don't have to endure the noise and shaking for much longer. People excited to see your first update. 102 hits first 24 hours after update :) :)
There is a young American woman, Brandy, that is starting stem cell therapy in Panama. She is there with her mom. Her first injection is this Tuesday, the 9th! She was told she would never be able to move anything other than her head. She has proven them wrong. I was thinking that maybe you might want to talk to another mother, & her daughter, that are going through the same thing at the same time. I just happened to get a Facebook message from the young woman a couple of days ago. She's following Jerry :) too :)
Hang in there, take care.
Sharon

The MacCallisters said...

Sharon, does she have a blog or just face book? ...what's her name and where is she from, I'll friend request her?

Katie