Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wednesday - May 27

I'm back in the land of the living. I apologize we haven't posted, I've been down and out with a nasty flu bug. I spent 5 days in bed and am still trying to recoup. I was able to finally get up and function on Monday, I made it down to the Art and wine festival for about an hour, I just had to get out of the house. Jerry's routine and care is a little harder on me, I get exhausted by mid day. Each day I get a little stronger and hope to back to normal soon, I still feel like medicine head, a little like my heads in a fog. I pray Jerry or none of the other family get this flu. I wore a mask and washed my hands constantly, I used so much germ killing hand gel the smell of it now is nauseating. Dennis and the kids helped with Jerry's care which gave me the much needed break.

Dennis hasn't been able to do much work on the room this past week he's been taking care of Jer. The room is now ready for texture then paint, we're getting closer. Jerry decided he wanted to have black and neon green colors in his room, so that ought to be fun, we'll be sure to post pics when it's done.

Jerry's ultrasound came back normal, good news he's not pregnant, just kidding :-). The doc has made some adjustments to his medications, he upped the dosage of the nerve pain meds. Jerry's nausea is the same it fluctuates between level 2 and 6. It does seem however to be at level 2 a little more often. Jerry is going to see a Ear Nose Throat doctor to see if there may be an inner ear problem. In June Jerry will have some kind of gastro study of some sort, to see how his food is digesting.

Jerry is getting much stronger in his left arm he seems to have more feeling as in the left arm as well. We got an arm sling set up for the wheelchair and are going to begin working on using the joy stick. I'll have to post some more pics. We are off to SCI-FIT, more later....

Katie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! She's alive, she's alive! (think of Boris Karloff's voice when reading that.)
Katie,
I'm so glad you are feeling better. We really missed you guys.
Jerry,
Praying for a great day at SCI-FIT and no nausea or pain today.
Jess,
Good Luck in the playoffs today.
Sock it to them SLV Cougars!
Love,
Gretchen

Anonymous said...

You don't know me....but I check the blog every day.

I am SO glad to see a post today. I don't want to put pressure on you! Lord, DON'T feel you need to post just for the readers!

I think we should take heart in the fact that you don't post every day...perhaps you are getting into a rythym...

Whatever it is, we will take what we can get.

LIke I said, I don't know you're family...and yet I feel I do...you all are in our prayers.

I was there when Mike Leimbach broke his neck in the football jamboree (1984) ....I visited him in Santa Clara Med.....I know how hard this is....but positive thoughts and prayers DO make a difference.

You can do it!

Trish said...

HI Macs!

So glad to hear you're recovering. I had that bug and I couldn't remember the last time I was laid out like that.

Happy to hear about the strengthening in your arm, Jer. That's improvement! And I'm sure it's good to have Mom back in the saddle, too.

Sure love this blog! Thanks for the time and energy you take to keep it ongoing. We, the many out here love reading your posts.

Love to you guys!

Trish

Anonymous said...

Katie - get well soon!
Days without blog postings I put in the category of no news is good news - the MacCallisters are ok, hopefully.
Dear Jerry, this is especially for you -
Hooray for that left arm - keep getting stronger Jerry! A joystick! Somewhere out there in the future there is a drone with your name on it Jerry - ya never know! Believe!
Good to start with the joystick on your chair, but don't think you can go zipping around with afterburners & 35,000lbs of static thrust! No Mach 2.0 for you yet!
You know I always think of you when watching those shows about the latest & greatest 'flying machines' : ) I think you should start with flying remote controlled airplanes around your new room - great fun for your kitties too!
Praying for all of you to stay flu free.
Signed RaptorMom (SharonF22erry)lol

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear your feeling better !!! No one can do the work of a mother that's for sure but I'm sure Dennis did a great job . My god continue to bless you and your wonderful family :)