Saturday, May 30, 2009

Saturday - May 29

Today was a very pleasant day for me despite the lack of sleep. I was up at 5 am with only about 4 hours of sleep, Jessica rolled out of bed about 15 minutes before it was time to leave. Jess and I had to get an early start to Stockton for a softball tournament with the summer traveling team. Jessica had 3 games today and another 2 games tomorrow, it was nice to just kick back, chill and not worry about Jerry's care at home. I knew he was in good hands as Dennis was in charge during my absence. Dennis was supposed to texture Jer's room today but he couldn't get started until I got home, so needless to say he got a late start. It's almost 11 pm and he is only half done, sorry Sherry, Joel, Jay and Tif (my neighbors). Texturing is one of those jobs once you start you have to finish or you could wind up with a very uneven job. The unfortunate part is the air compressor is very noisy. I may have to go pick out paint colors tomorrow, whoohoo!

Jerry received his xbox game controller yesterday, thanks again Rob, good work. This devise is very hard to describe, it's a box with several plugs for switches. Their are a multitude of different types of switches, there's a head set with sip and puff, a couple of switches you could use for elbow or shoulder switches, a mouth switch, chin control joy sticks. It's a crazy looking contraption, I think to fully utilize it Jerry will look some what like he's doing a shimmy with his shoulders, bee bopping with his head and chin and sippin and puffin his heart out. Did I mention he really loves gaming.

OK, Dennis just brought the air compressor into the living room, because it's to noisy outside for the neighbors, this ought to be interesting. ..........Jumpin jimminy crickets.......the baby kittens did not like that noise one bit.

Jerry woke with nausea as he does most mornings but by mid day he felt pretty good. Jerry seems to be getting more of his appetite back in the evenings, it's interesting to note that the past few evenings he has had NO nausea. The tingling in Jerry's legs continues today when he tries to move them. Praise God for this blessing, we've been praying for God to give Jerry something new everyday or at least once a week to help keep hope alive. When a few weeks go by and there are no changes Jerry begins to feel despair. Even the smallest change can renew hope, the tingling couldn't have come at a better time, Jerry was beginning to feel down about not having any new movement or feeling. Jerry enjoyed his day off from therapy doing his favorite past time, watching TV and playing his video game.

God continues to bless us in so many ways, we are so very grateful, give thanks and praise....

good night,
Katie

5 comments:

robin said...

I am rejoicing with you all that Jerry has had those tingling sensations. Praise God! You are in my thoughts daily. When I met Jerry at the pancake breakfast at Felton Bible Church I told him I would pray steadily for relief of the nausea. I have been going through a bought of Lyme Disease and experienced about a month of nausea. Let me tell you that that was enough for me! What a miserable condition to have day after day, and on top of everything else he deals with. So, Jerry, I will continue to pray for the nausea.
Robin P.

Anonymous said...

Thank you lord for the tingles my they continue!!!!

Trish said...

Hey Jer,

As you approach the five month mark, I think about how much has happened in your life. It occurs to me that your progress and recovery is such a team effort. Your parents and sibs tag team, your neighbors and friends help make amazing things happen, the greater community has had their hearts and minds open to the challenges and great love that exists in the realm of miracles. And greatest of all, Jer, has been the ever present hand of God.

I'm sure you've seen that story about the man who questions God's presence in his life when he sees only one set of footprints in the sand and God's reply to the query, "Where were you in my times of greatest need?" is, "It was then that I carried you." I, often, have thought of that story.

I love reading the posts your parents write. It connects us to you, and them, in ways so many of us are touched daily. Thank yo for allowing them to share your story: struggles and triumphs - gee, all the things they did before your accident - it's just a little more direct and a little more often.

Today I'm thinkin' and prayin' tingles and nerve connections, movement, muscles strength, motion building and outright good thoughts for continued progress. Love you lots!

Trish

Anonymous said...

this is for CNN -the C N N- hope your team is checking Jerry's site here out. I forgot to mention that my nominee & other are starting a nonprofit to help others too!
CNN is honoring heroes of all walks from all over.....all Jerry's followers, Jerry's family, et. al. are heroes in my book!
Jerry you are a hero too!

Anonymous said...

...& ditto what Trish said above.
SFerry