Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Help Ad

Thanks to Leanne, our resident "donation genius", a ceiling lift system has been found and donated for use in Jerry's room at home. Having this system installed will be an amazing help with the many physical aspects of caring for Jerry. Worth about $20,000.00, having one donated is nothing short of AMAZING.

The only catch with this fantastic donation is that we need to find someone who can pack it up into a box and take it from the American Red Cross (where it is currently waiting for us) to the shipping company. We have the shipping covered; so it's just packing and delivering to the shipping company so that it can make it's way to us on the West Coast.

So, does ANYONE reading this blog happen to live near Carney's Point, New Jersey? We know from the map that there are a lot of East Coast readers of this blog....so, if anyone is near this area, or knows someone who is, could you let them know of our need?

If you can help, please email Leanne directly at leanne_m@pacbell.net

For Leanne,
Marci

*WEDNESDAY UPDATE: Thanks to the Red Cross and three others who stepped forward, the lift system will soon be on it's way! Thanks to everyone!

11 comments:

Mary Sullivan-White said...

WAY TO GO LEANNE!!

Anonymous said...

Leanne, you are truly amazing. From what I understand you and your wonderful husband did not know the MacCallisters or Jerry before the accident. You had just met Jerry the night before when he stayed with you. To stay with him thru this journey and to have your family to do what they have done for Jerry is truly unselfish. You have kept on the quest to make sure Jerry gets what he needs. I am so grateful to know that there are people like you in this world. YOU ARE THE BOMB!!!

Courtney Pilling said...

I am the individual at the Red Cross that Kris has been coordinating with. On a personal level... I think I may be able to find someone I know that could help in this venture! =) I'll be in touch with Leanne and Kris.

Anonymous said...

Leanne - I sent you an email, so please let me know if you still need help - my dad is near Philly and may be willing.
wes ehrhart.

Laurie Lester said...

Dennis and Katie!

I'm going to be in Philadelphia this weekend through Wednesday for Kevin's graduation... I can help!

I will contact Leanne and see what I can do!!

Love you!!! L

Eric said...

nice find, good luck with the room. :)

Anonymous said...

WOW - wonderful donation!!
Cheers & Kudos to Leanne & her husband!
Nice post to read :)
Keeping you all in our prayers.
The Ferry Family

Anonymous said...

What a blessing indeed !!!

Grandma said...

So many wonderful people in this world. Thanks to everyone from the bottom of my heart.

Love Grandma

Gabi said...

Great news!!

Anonymous said...

Leanne,
You are truly a hero...
Good Job!