Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day

Happy mothers day to you mom's, Trish your prayer was beautiful, thank you.

Sorry I haven't posted for a few days, it's hard to know what to post about when the routine is the same. I'm frustrated with the same old nausea story, this morning Jerry was really sick. Jerry woke this morning with severe neck pain, I think it was because the heater got turned off yesterday. It was hot in the day so we turned the heater off however it dropped down to about 60 degrees in our room last night. When Jerry is cold the muscles in his neck and shoulders tense up, not to mention the hard ware in his neck is probably affected by the cold. Unfortunately nobody woke to turn the heat on. Another lesson learned, turn the thermostat down as opposed to turn the heater off, that way when it drops below 68 degrees the heat can still kick on.

Jerry got to go see the new Star Trek movie with his buds Luke and Gabe last night, thanks Guys for taking Jerry out, he said the movie was really good.

Today has been pleasant, Janea and Jessica made breakfast in bed for Jerry and I, it was delicious. Dennis has been working on Jerry's room with our friends Hugh and Ed, hanging sheet rock. The three of them put in about 13 hours yesterday and probably about 11 hours today by the time they are done. They are working so hard to get that room done, we really appreciate the help. After breakfast today I did range of motion with Jerry and then got him out of bed. I spent the rest of the day getting caught up on house work and laundry, I got a lot of help from Janea and Jerry got caught up on his TV time.

Jerry feels much better this evening and is working with his new gaming equipment. Janea and her boyfriend Josh are making dinner, mmmm can't wait. I plan to veg the rest of the evening and maybe watch a movie with the fam.

I hope everyone has had a peaceful day. Thank you all for the wonderful comments and for the continued prayer.

God Bless,
Katie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day Katie! Thanks for all you are doing for Ron and Deborah and Allie and family. The website set up is great. Prayers are for Jerry and Allie daily...The Yungmeyer Family

Grandma said...

Happy Mother's Day Katie, sorry I missed your calls.

We went to see grandma for Mother's Day and I forgot my cell at home.

I wish they could figure out what is causing Jerry's nausea. I'm glad he is feeling better and got to go out with his friend.

It also sounds like you had a good day.

Love Grandma

Trish and Mary said...

Hey Jer, Mary and I went to Star Trek at 2 pm on Friday, met Buel and Barb, Peti and Torie at Hawgs for dinner, then went and saw it again dragging Torie and Buel with us. It was GREAT!!!! Wanna go again? :) :) :)

Trish and Mary

Anonymous said...

Katie, I know it's difficult for you to write daily, but your blog is such a source of strength for so many of us. I know a lot of what you're going through, since our son became a quad from an October accident, though not disabled to Jerry's extent. Please know I wish the best for your family.
Chris