Sunday, May 17, 2009

Day 135 - Sunday May 17

It never ceases to amaze me how the temperature can vary so drastically from Moss Landing to Boulder Creek. Those that are not familiar with the area it's about a 45 minute drive. Moss Landing was 61 degrees, Boulder Creek was 85. I had a wonderful and much needed break, my friend Gretchen and I went to Montery, we had dinner on the wharf, delicious. We stayed the night at a hotel and from our room we could see the ocean, it was beautiful. Gretchen and I stayed up way too late painting our toe nails and talking, but we did get to sleep in this morning. I've been having an annoying problem with my ears, my left ear is so plugged I can hardly hear out of it. This turned out to be a blessing this morning. Two kids and their father (the instigator) were swimming in the pool at 8 am. There was much screaming and laughter all morning. I didn't hear a thing however Gretch was not so lucky it was so loud she could not drown it out. At any rate we went shopping to find a comforter for Jerry's new room, hit some antique shops and headed home. I had a great time thanks Gretch.

Dennis played mom and held down the fort at home with Jerry. Jerry was pretty uncomfortable with the heat the last two days. It was 92 degrees in our house and Jerry's body temp went up to 100.8. Since I was gone Janea helped to take care of Jerry while Dennis worked on his room. Janea monitored his temperature, gave him ice water every 15 minutes, kept a wet rag on his head and freshened it every 20 minutes, put wet rags in the freezer to put under Jerry's arm pits. On a positive note the nausea has been at a tolerable level the last few days.

Jerry enjoyed time off from rehab to just chill this weekend, he caught up on some of his shows he has taped, he loves the history and military channel. Our neighbor had a birthday party down at the pool, it was nice to get out of the hot house, it was much cooler at the pool. Jerry got to visit with some friends he used to work with as well as a couple of friends he has known since kindergarten.

Tomorrow starts another week, off to Pleasanton, at least we have AC in the Van, hallelujah!

God bless,
Katie

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Katie,
We did have a blast, didn't we? And the clam chowder taste testing was darn fun and fattening too!

Dennis, Jerry and Big Sis,
A big THANKS for letting me steal Mom away and for holding down the fort. I'm sure I'll be able to repay the favor when you guys need to get away.

Praying for cooler days, a great workout at SCI-FIT and a nausea and pain free day.

Lot's of Love coming your way.
Gretchen

Anonymous said...

Sound's like you had a much needed break Katie that's nice . May the lord continue to bless you and your family at this time !!!!:)

Anonymous said...

We saw you at the tacqueria in Felton last weekend... I thought better of giving you a little encouraging beep-beep as Jerry was just getting out of the van. All he needed was a bump on his noggin! I was glad to see you out and enjoying the evening! Take care and God Bless,
Angela

Trish said...

Hey Jer,

I'm sure the cooler days have been a relief and much appreciated. I know I've appreciated it. Sounds like your mom had a terrific time being pampered by Gretch. Obviously you and the others survived. I know you can appreciate getting out and about with just your friends- it's liberating and a good thing.

Hope your trips to Pleasanton have been good. What's your newest exercise and how's the time in the standing frame going? I visualize you in it longer every time you go, so I'm hoping it's improving.

What do you think about a trip to Pacific School? There are only about 3 Friday's left. I take that back, only two really - May 29 and June 5. Will you pencil it in? I think the 5th would be the better day. I'll co ordinate it with the teacher if you give me the go ahead. I know the kids would love it. Their lunch time is from 12:30 to 1:00, then they go until 2:30 and 3:10 (3rd graders get out at 2:30) It wouldn't be a super long visit, but I know having you meet them would be really, in their words, "cool." Let me know.

Father, there are so many who live through Christ your Son. Your generosity flows through them as they live the greatest gift we have, your love. Should it be your design, Lord, our prayers continue to lift Jerry and Allie and their families, to you for healing. We pray for each and every nerve and fiber to be restored. We are awed by the wonders and miracles you have already performed and we give you thanks and praise. It is through you and with you that all things are possible. Father, fortify Jerry's heart with hope and understanding, guide him in his times of doubt and questioning, as you do all our young people - as you do with all of us. Thank you, Lord, for your love. Amen

Take more pics at SCI fit - I love seeing your smile!

Trish

Aunt Teresa said...

Katie I'm glad you had a nice get away sound like fun. Maybe we can do that sometime? I feel for Jerry in the heat! Will pray for cooler days and maybe air conditioning.

Love you
Aunt Teresa

Anonymous said...

Way to go Mr. Mom!!

Anonymous said...

Hey MacCallisters,
I've been missing you guys and keep checking for updates on Jerry and the new room.
Praying for good day, no pain or nausea and no awfull heat waves coming your way.
Gretchen