Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Tuesday - Aug 18

Thank you to all of you who are following Jerry's progress though the blog. Whether you know Jerry or us or not doesn't matter. It's comforting to know we are not alone in this and that people care and are continuing to pray for his recovery and well being. We very much enjoy reading your prayers or well wishes, thoughts and comments. Thanks for hanging with us.

Today was a little rough, Jerry had nausea pretty bad today and it wasn't getting any better in the afternoon. We left the house about 12:30 headed for Dominican rehab. It was about 85 degrees when we left the house and Jerry was dressed appropriately. We arrived in Santa Cruz to find it was about 65 degrees and breezy. Jerry got cold and of course I wasn't prepared with a coat. When we got into the gym the AC was on and Jerry started shivering. The therapist got him 3 very warm blankets from the warmer however he just couldn't seem to get warm. Jerry had an issue which I won't go into but it made him feel bad. To top off the day I accidentally pinched Jerry's neck in the chin drive buckle, that was pretty much the last straw. Jerry was not having a good day and I was not making things any better which made me feel like poo.

Jerry did not get to do the standing frame yesterday because Dennis didn't get home with it until after 8 pm and we had to read the manual and figure the thing out first. Jerry wanted to get into the standing frame after PT today but felt to sick. I was so happy when he finally felt good enough to give it a go which actually was about 9:00 pm a very late start. We had to put Jerry in the standing frame then make some adjustments then take him out and adjust the seat them put him back in and make more adjustments. By the time we actually got him standing his blood pressure was dropping. All in all Jerry was in the standing frame about 45 minutes however he was only standing about 15 minutes. Tomorrow will be better because we have it all adjusted now to fit him so we wont have to spend all that time making adjustments. I leave you with the picture of Jerry standing.

much love
katie

10 comments:

Unknown said...

The standing frame -How cool!

Keep on keepin' on. You are in my prayers daily. I was just thinking about the Giants game in SJ and how fun that was.

zack Hill said...

yeah jerry!
keep on getting through the tough days.
Glad you guys got the standing frame working.

Anonymous said...

God bless you Jerry, it's so wonderful to see you standing, some day you will be doing it on your own. Praying for you.

Grandma said...

Jerry you are amazing.

Love ya

Grandma

Gabi said...

Thinking of you all daily,keep strong.Jerry ,great to see you standing!

Trish said...

Jer - stand in there! YOU CAN DO IT!!!! Whenever we watch that video of mary feeding you the eclair when you were over at VMC we crack up at your dad coaxing you to finish it. Sounds like the 18th was a less than favorable day. They'll be like that - whether you were injured or not, the injury just compounds the day, though.

We got Mry settled in her dorm room. She's stoked with her roomy - Jessica from Fullerton. They met up with Noah - who graduated with Mary and Parker Hill to go over and check out the brand new WREC - sports complex. She's so excited. She was sorry not to get up to your place on Tuesday, but that darned Brookdale Lodge. I sure wish someone would tell those ghosts to take a chill pill.

Gotta run, I'm beat. Blessings to you - remember, be gentle with yourself Jer, and your family. You're all in this together.

Love ya!
Trish

Anonymous said...

I wanted to let you all know how much I have gained from following your story. I do not personally know you, but feel I do. Shortly after you placed cans at the New Leaf in Felton I started reading the blog. I have since gone back to running and there isn’t a run that goes by that I don’t think about Jerry, when I think I can not go another mile, I think about how much it would mean to Jerry to just be able to lift a foot, and it keeps me motivated. Last weekend I completed the race thru the Redwoods and I just wanted to say…Jerry that one was for you!!! I pray every day that you will be healed, the human body is capable of repairing and I know yours is working hard doing just that.
many blessings,
Simone

Anonymous said...

something about running and deep thinking, same for eliptical. this is a good time to pray.
Prayers for a good week, smooth days, no nausea, & lots of smiles.
SFerry

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,
The standing frame is awesome. I'm so glad you will be spending more time in it. The blood pressure should adjust soon and you'll get so used to being upright that the nausea will also cooperate.
Praying for healing everyday and a great turn-out for the concert.
Lot's of Love,
Gretchen
Jer, who won the poker game the other night?

Anonymous said...

I wanted to let you know about me experience with acupuncture. I have a dental implant injury . The implant violated a nerve canal which inturn caused episodic to chroninc pain. The pain would range from a mild ache to full blown root canal pain. The Docs at UCSF wrote me off and I was convinced that I would be like this for life. Through acupuncture
I gained measurable releif from pain in a very short time maybe 30 days. After 90 days I was alomst pain free. Serious medicine that acupuncture can be. I will pray that God will open doors for you to bring healers your way.

God Bless Jerry and his family