Saturday, August 8, 2009

Quick Update

Just a quick update to say Jerry will be sleeping in his own room tonight. To be honest it will be a little sad for me as we have slept in the same room for the last 6 months. I've enjoyed our bed time chats and playing with the kitties before we doze off.

Dennis got Jerry's room done so I moved all his stuff in today, tonight will be his first night alone. Well sort of alone, I did get a baby monitor, I need to be able to hear him in case there's a problem in the night. It will be strange sleeping in my king bed tonight, I know Dennis will be thrilled to be off the couch and in a real bed. I still need to decorate Jerry's room but everything but the cabinets are done. Now it's time to get the bathroom and the Air Conditioning done. :-D

A bit of good news we have been dealing with a paper nightmare trying to get a standing frame for Jer and we just found out 2 days ago that it has been approved. The standing frame has been ordered and should be in our home within the next 3 weeks, whoohoo.

More tomorrow.....

Katie

5 comments:

robin said...

wow, all kinds of changes. Congrats on getting the room finished enough for Jerry to move in. And praise God for the good news about the standing frame. And bless you as you sleep in your own beds tonight. May your dreams be sweet and your sleep refreshing!

Robin P.

Trish said...

Hope you all have a good sleep with sweet dreams!

Much love,
Trish

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! 2 major milestones this weekend. The room and the Standing Frame...awesome!
Having privacy for each of you is so important. I hope you all have had a restful sleep these past few nights.
Katie, let me know when you want to shop for Jerry's room.
Oh, and I'd change the name of the baby monitor to the Manly Monster Monitor.
Praying for a nausea free day today.
Love,
Gretchen

Anonymous said...

Fantastic update :)

jessrun said...

AWESOME!!!!