Monday, May 7, 2012

Hope

Yesterday I was sad, angry and discouraged, I woke up today feeling like I had to force myself to keep a positive outlook, to keep hope alive. With hope I have the strength to endure without it I crumble. Two people have shared stories of encouragement of suffering brain injury and being told there was no hope of recovery and yet they recovered. It occurred to me that I need to hear more of these stories to remind me not to give up when I'm feeling weak. If any of you have stories to share please do, if you have a success story of a friend or family member that suffered brain injury or coma please share it with me. If you have trouble posting it on the blog or would rather keep it private you can email it to me at katie@followingjerry.com.

Jerry is doing very well with the weaning exercise from the ventilator, he has been off the vent for about 4 hours and breathing very comfortably.

Katie

3 comments:

Robin Patrick said...

Oh, Katie. I don't even know you other than a quick hello at one of Jerry's fundraisers yet I've been heart-attached from the beginning of your journey after Jerry's accident. You are an amazing woman and mother yet I know you must be utterly exhausted. I will, along with many others, uphold you and Jerry and the family in my prayers. God, please be merciful!

Anonymous said...

Jerry NEVER give up and BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!
http://www.godvine.com/Man-Barely-Able-to-Stand-on-his-Own-Does-the-Unthinkable-Amazing-1476.html

Josephine said...

Katie, my prayers are with Jerry but right now, while he's in the hospital & being cared for by the doctors & nurses, my hope is that someone is taking care of you. You have had to endure so much & you have had to be strong for not only Jerry, but for the rest of your family. So right now, I hope you can take time for yourself - to catch up on some sleep, to get some real peaceful rest. Your strength & love for your family has touched our community in so many ways, even before Jerry's accident. I hope you will get good news real soon. If anyone deserves to get good news, it's you & Jerry.