Thursday, May 17, 2012

Good News

I'm gonna start off with the good news, that I've been waiting for for a couple weeks now, Jerry was finally accepted into Santa Clara Valley Medical Brain Injury Rehabilitation, hallelujah!!!! Praise God Jerry will be where he needs to be and should be ready to move on Monday if all goes well. Jerry needs to get a new pic line put in tomorrow morning, then the ENT doctor will come in and put a scope down his throat to see if the swelling has gone down, if all looks good then they will try the talking valve again. Jerry tolerated being off the ventilator for about 12 hours today and could have gone longer but the doctors want him to rest at night so as not to fatigue him. The plan is to have him off the ventilator completely by Sunday because SCVM won't take him if he's still on the vent.

A friend of mine bought a ticket for me to go see a faith healer in San Francisco at this point I'm open to anything. My dear friend Trish came and spent the day with Jerry holding down the fort and communicating with the docs and nurses on my behalf so I could attend the event. Thank you Trish for all the support you have been a tremendous help to me and I appreciate all you have done.

Katie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the best news I have heard all week!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Katie,

You and Jerry are in my prayers constantly. Or, as we Quakers say, I am holding you both in the Light! I have asked others for their prayers as well.

May you and Jerry be blessed on this mother-and-son journey, wherever it leads. You have so much intelligence, character and strength!

Gerri (Becky's mom)

Anonymous said...

Praise God... so been praying for you guys... Keep on Keeping on !!

Anonymous said...

Thank you God for sending Jerry to Valley Med and alieviating some of Katie's worries.

Praying that Jerry continues on the mend and start working with the rehab folks, bringing him back to all of us.

Ed & Gretchen

Robin Patrick said...

So glad SVM decided to take him. On to the healing!