Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy Summer and Happy 4th of July Weekend

I love summer it's my favorite time of year, the weather has been gorgeous. Jerry and I get a 4 day weekend as SCI-FIT is closed today and we always have Monday's off. Well I guess Monday's not totally a free day as Jerry has an ultrasound. It will be nice to use the time off to get caught up on things around the house, maybe even get some yard work done.

Jerry has been feeling much the same with the nausea, the charting I've been doing shows a pattern. Using a scale of one through ten every morning upon waking he is at 5 or 6 by 1:00 he is around 3 by 5:00 he is at 1 and remains that way. The nausea is never fully gone but level 3 and below is tolerable. It's was sad the other day he said, "I don't even remember what it's like to not feel nauseous".

Jerry has had a lot more time with friends since summer has started and it has been wonderful. He smiles more and that always warms my heart.

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend.

Katie

4 comments:

lynette Pullin said...

Hello,

I don't know if you remember me but my son Jesse was in the hospital the same time as Jerry was. My name is Lynette Pullin. I look at your page a few times a week to see how Jerry is doing. Seems like he is coming along moving his left arm. That is great. Jesse is doing very well. Going to PT and OT 3 times aweek. He is moving his right arm very well now being able to hold his own cups. He has feeling in his legs and toes. has been able to move his toes some. He and his girlfriend Sierra are going to be getting married in Sept. they where supost to get married last weekend but they cancled because they had no idea what was going to be going on with him. He is in great sprits. I take him down to his work one to two times aweek and he gets out in the warehouse and trys to help out as much as he can. My husband is the boss there so that is a plus for Jesse. Jesse is going to go down to San Jose again and going to go to see about some accupunture next week. They take spinal cord injury people and know alot about it. They have gotten people up walking on walkers they told me. I have hope but not going to get my hopes up to high. Well I just wanted to say hello and I do have to say I think and pray for Jerry along with Jesse each day. here is my e-mail address if you would like to write. my3boys@pacbell.net Hope to hear from you

Lynette

The Proffitts said...

Hey Macs,
Here's to another 4th of July: watermelon, BBQs, sunshine, friends, laughter, gratitude, fireworks, silly stories, making memories and more.

Hope you enjoyed your down day. We all need time to exist as human beings instead of human doings :). Everybody's body needs time to recoup the energies expended physically, mentally and spiritually.

We continue to hold you in the forefront of our prayers for healing; neuron by neuron, nerve by nerve, impulse by impulse, muscle by muscle. It is happening.

The Proffitts

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th of July Jerry keep fighting the good fight !!

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th of July to all of you. I love you.

Grandma