Friday, August 6, 2010

Quick Update

Thanks to all for the prayers and warm wishes of healing for Jerry.  I'm home for a short break, checking messages, returning calls as well as a much needed shower.  OK don't say yuck but yeah I've been in the same clothes and haven't had a shower since Jerry was admitted to ICU on Wednesday, I think I just heard someone say eewww, yeah that's about how it felt.  Any how, Jerry was admitted for a Pulmonary Embolism which is a fancy way of saying blood clots in the lungs. After speaking with his doctor this afternoon turns out Jerry had several small clots pass through his heart and distributed into his right lung. That's the bad news, the good news is now that the clots are in the lungs that's where they'll stay until they're dissolved with blood thinners. My understanding is the clots can't leave the lungs to reak havoc elsewhere.  It may take several weeks for the clots to fully dissolve however we are expecting that Jerry should be able to come home by Monday.  Jerry was in a great deal of pain and had moments of difficult breathing however I think they've finally found the right combo of meds to make him comfortable and he only had to be on oxygen for less then a day.  Jerry seems to be feeling a lot better and is a little more like himself, he even smiled a few times and was cuttin up on me.  I'll take a little razzing any day of the week, it kinda lets me know he's doing OK.  :-D
I better get back to the hospital and give Dennis a break.

Thanks again for the love and support,
xoxoxo
Katie Mac

P.S. We fully plan on Jerry being well enough for the SJ Giants game.  You can still order tickets online, don't panic if you don't get them in the mail right away. I promise as soon as Jerry's home I'll get the tickets in the mail.  See y'all there, Go Giants!!!

No comments: