Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Leap of Faith

I've taken a few leaps of faith in this journey to get stem cell treatment for Jerry and every step of the way God has confirmed he's got my back, once again I have been blessed with an incredible gift. One of my biggest concerns can now be put to rest, Jerry will now be able to travel safely and comfortably to Thailand in FIRST CLASS. I was so worried that Jerry would not be able to sustain a 20 hour flight in the upright position, and even more scary was the threat of Pulmonary Embolism from the lack of space to move Jerry's legs. I am so thankful to put those fears to rest as the seats in first class will recline and even lay down into a bed, I will have all the space I need to manipulate Jerry's legs and lay him down to keep him comfortable. I owe an enormous debt of gratitude to an organization called Airline Ambassadors International ...AAI donated the flyer miles needed to get Jerry in first class. The AAI team worked diligently to make this happen for us and words cannot express the immense gratitude I feel for all they have done. I would like to give a special thank you to Sandy who was in constant contact with me during the process of making this work, she and I had correspondence till late in the night and throughout the weekend, Sandy went above and beyond...God bless her! The unfortunate down side to AAI helping me is that it depleted their flyer miles bank, so I ask you followers of Jerry to consider donating flyer miles to AAI to help replenish their bank. If you have some extra miles and would like to help replenish their bank you click here and look for Airline Ambassadors on this page to donate flyer miles.

The local papers have written articles about Jerry, if you would like to read the articles you can find the  Santa Cruz Sentinel article here, unfortunately the Press/ Banner article was not online you would of had to live locally to see it in the paper. Thank you to both papers for helping us get the word out about the spaghetti feed and fundraising efforts.

Hope to see you all at the spaghetti feed...




2 comments:

Deborah said...

Yaaay! This is great news.
Thinking of you two always.

moonyatoo said...

Hi Jerry and Katy, back from Baja, and so excited for you guys, you are an amazing woman Katy, and pull Jerrys nose for me, we'll have a drumming session in Jerrys honor, leaving for Trinity the 18th, and can't wait to drum with you and Jerry next year, love ya, Good Luck, We're all with YOU, Hang On! Jack Baker